FS'93 Porsche 911 RS America Race Car NASA GTS3, PCA Trailer

jfawsitt

For Sale 1993 911 Porsche RS America Race Car, PCA Prepared H, NASA GTS3. I purchased this car in 2009 from the West Coast. I’m moving to a 996 Cup.

The car was delivered new in 1992 to Washington State with only 2 options a sunroof and an LSD, it went straight to the race track after a suspension revision and the addition of some safety equipement. It has racing history back to the mid 90's. The car has log books to race with PCA, NASA, SCCA & POC. (I have raced the car with PCA & NASA only) I believe it saw occasional street use in it’s early years, it was probably driven back and forth to the race track. The current odometer reading is 70k miles which I believe to be correct. It has been a dedicated race car for at least the last 10 years. Prior to my ownership it was maintained and upgraded by Aase, Fordell Motorsports, Rothsport Engineering & Chris Powell of German Church Motors.

During my ownership the car has been completely maintained, rebuilt and modified to optimize class rules by Joel Reiser (Reiser-Technik), Brad Martinez (Joel’s Engine Builder) with consultation and fabrication provided by Geoffrey Ring (Racetek Engineering).

The car weighs in at just over 2700lbs dry and can easily make class minimum weight in both PCA and NASA with an average sized driver. Lead ballast comes with the sale.

The car was 1st in Class PCA Zone Championship in 2012 and a NASA GTS3 Class Winner at Mid-Ohio. It has been a consistent podium car during my ownership.

My personal best times at the following tracks are:

Watkins Glen 2:09, Mid Ohio Club Course 1:38 Pro Course 1:36, VIR Full Course 2:10 & Road America 2:33

I’m happy to share my suspension setup information for each track with whom ever buys the car.

It’s immaculate and needs nothing to go racing this season. I believe it is one of the finest examples of it’s type in the country with some unique upgrades. I’m looking for the best offer over $50,000. Please contact me with serious inquiries at [email protected] The car is located in NE Ohio.

Body/Paint/Glass

The car was originally Polar Silver when new, it’s now a combination of Polar Silver and Porsche Lapis Blue. The paint is very nice and fresh by race car standards and presents very well.

The sunroof has been completely removed and a custom delete panel welded into the roof from Fenn Lane Motorsports in England. The car has no appearance of previously having a sunroof from the exterior. Only the delete panel shows on the interior.

GT Racing front and rear fiberglass bumpers, front bumper fog light brake cooling ducts, clear acrylic headlight covers & clear corners.

Rennspeed GT2 style front splitter/spoiler. Legally modified for optimum down force.

Fiberglass 3.8 RS Engine Cover/Rear Wing. Adjustable stock wing blade with aluminum Gurney strip for PCA. Getty Design adjustable carbon fiber 50" Evo1 wing with custom aluminum uprights and carbon fiber end plates for NASA.

Lexan Windshield by 5 Star Bodies installed in 2011. It has some minor pitting I would run with it for at least another season. The rest of the glass is stock with all tinting removed.

Custom vinyl graphics to match the colors of the car, all removable.

Xpel Paint Protection Film on the entire hood, mirrors and below the headlights.

Interior

Completely stripped of all carpet and glue. Professionally painted Polar Silver in 2013. HVAC removed, airbags removed, center consol removed, alarm & central locking system removed, all remaining switches moved into dash. All wiring harnesses newly wrapped. New RS door panels with no holes.

Engine & Exhaust

Stock 3.6. Full rebuild by Reiser Technik in 2010 with case split. Top end rebuild in 2012 with new pistons and cylinders. All machine work was completed by Ollie’s in Az. Racewear Rod Bolts &Head Studs, Titanium Retainers, Aase Valve Springs & Smart Racing Bearings etc.. etc... Bottom end has approximately 40 hours and the top end has 6 hours.

The engine dyno’s at 260+ RWHP with a stock intake running a 964 CUP/RS Andial DME Chip in the stock ECU. The rev limiter is set at 6850 RPM

FVD racing stainless steel headers and muffler with dual outlets.

Dual oil coolers right stock plus and additional stock cooler in the left front fender reconditioned 2012.

Factory RS Engine Mounts. K&N Filter

Powder coated Blue Alternator Fan.

Transmission/Differential/Clutch

Transmission fully rebuilt by Reiser Technik in 2009, 50 hours since. 8:32 Ring & Pinion, steel syncro’s etc... External Transmission Oil Cooler installed at rebuild with Tilton Electric Pump. Billet aluminum transmission mount

Factory RS Short Shift Kit

Limited Slip Differential 40% locking rebuilt by Reiser Technik in 2011 using Guard plasma-coated friction discs, Guard bellevilles, and Guard polished plates.

Light Flywheel and Sach 600lbs. Torque Competition Clutch installed at Transmission rebuild. Inspected at last engine drop 6 hours ago showed in excellent condition.

Brakes

993 Master Cylinder & Booster

Factory 996 Cup Racing ABS Control Unit with custom mil spec wiring harness by Racetek Engineering.

Front: Wrightwood Racing Big Red Caliper Conversion (rebuilt and powder coated by Vehicle Craft 2011). Alcon 332 Rotors with Wrightwood aluminum alloy hats and titanium bolts (new 2012, 2 weekends use, these last at least 2 seasons). New Pagid Black RS-14 pads.

Rear: 964 RS calipers newly rebuilt and powder coated. New Power Slot Cyro Treated Rotors. New Pagid Black RS-14 pads.

Parking brake still operational with new shoes.

Steering

Factory 996/997 RS/RSR Electric Power Steering mounted in the trunk mated to a rebuilt stock 964 power steering rack from Zims (2011) with aeroquip lines and a custom mil spec wiring harness. This mod was approved by PCA, documentation with log book.

Suspension

Moton Motorsports 3 way adjustable shocks/struts (rebuilt by AST 2012)

Spring rates are front 750lbs. rear 800lbs.

ERP Spring Plates, Tarrett bushings and monoballs thoughout.

964 Cup/RS Sway Bars 25mm front (5 position), 20mm rear (3 position)

RSR type 40mm strut brace.

Aligned & corner balanced 2012.

Wheels & Tires

2 sets of Forgeline WC3R 18" Wheels (front 8.5", rear 10") fitted with Hoosier R6 tires (245/35 & 275/35) One set of tires have 7 heat cycles produced 2012, the second set are good for practice only with 15+ heat cycles.

1 set of 17" Turbo Twist Wheels Italian (front 7.5", Rear 9"). Custom painted to match the colors of the car. Fitted with new unused (2012) Hoosier H20 Rain Tires.

Racing & Safety

Dave Clark Motorsports Custom Roll Cage 1.5" tube diameter. The design is similar to a factory 964 Cup Matter Cage. It’s welded in the car then bolted at 6 points, to welded chassis reinforcement plates. I’ve recently added a knee bar under the dash and a second door bar on both sides. The cage is legal with all sanctioning bodies.

Driver’s Seat: Sparco Pro Adv Hans Seat FIA 06/2009, new cover and cushions in 2013. Schroth 6-point Hans Harness, expires 2017.

Passenger Seat: Sparco Pro 2000, Schroth 5-point harness.

Schroth Window Net 08/2012

Fire Sense SPA Fire Suppression System. Last serviced 2011.

FAST Cool Suit System with cycle timer.

Momo Mod Racing Steering Wheel with quick release.

Reply XD Camera.

AMB Transponder.

Odyssey PC680 light weight racing battery in aluminum case.

Dual Stop Watches for Enduro Timing

60lbs. (3x20) Lead Ballast.

Data

Racepak IQ3 GPS Logger Dash with Optional Steering Wheel Control Buttons.

AF-1 Fuel Sensor (allows monitoring of air fuel ratio through dash & logging)

Rennline Products

Alumimum Pedal Set with Heel/Toe & Dead Pedal

Aluminum Track Mats & Pedal Board

Passenger Side Airbag Delete Cover

Radio & Climate Control Delete Covers

Lower Dash Pad Delete Cover

Billet Aluminum Racing Shift Knob

Aluminum Sill Guards

Engine Compartment Blower Fan Delete Covers.

Longacre Racing Products

Drink Bottle & Holder

14" Rear View Mirror Kit

Battery Disconnect/Kill Master Switch

Helmet Hook

Steering Wheel Hook

High Density Roll Bar Padding (not installed in photos)

Accident History

It’s a 20 year old race car so obviously it’s had some bumps and dents along the way. There is no evidence of frame damage, the car aligns and corner balances without compromise.

The Following Misc. Parts Have Been Replaced or Rebuilt In The Last 2 Years

Fuel Pump

Rear Wheel Bearings

Air Flow Meter

Fuel Pressure Regulator

O2 Sensor

Long Oil lines Thermostat to Front Cooler

Axles Replaced in 2010, serviced with Neo Grease every season.

This is not an inclusive list there is much more.

Last but not least, a working replica of a 917 key and factory cover are included in the sale.

I also have a 2008 20' enclosed Covenant Cargo Trailer available. It a good entry level trailer that’s well equipped with a finished interior, cabinets, generator and lighting. I’m asking $6250, it won’t be sold prior to the car.

20130317_171755.jpg

20130317_180137.jpg

20130317_172454.jpg

20130317_172214size.jpg

20130317_172130size.jpg

• 3 weeks later...