ST3 / TT3 - Is it working?

sperkins

ST3:

We're heading into our third event here in the SE and there seems to be no interest in ST3 whatsoever since there hasn't been a single entry to date. Other than the pre-2013 PTA Corvettes, I haven't even heard of anyone that's even thinking about ST3.

I thought the intent was to lure cars from other classes for increased car counts and better competition?

TT3:

To quote myself - 'I thought the intent was to lure cars from other classes for increased car counts and better competition?'

Slow the TTA Corvettes down to give other manufacturers a better chance etc..

As predicted, we're now running faster than ever.

So I'd like to know, is it working as designed in other regions?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ILIKETODRIVE

• sperkins

• kbrew8991

• Cobra4B

My former TTB/TTA/TTS car is most likely being converted back to a street car after running TT since 2006. The cost of a competitive TT3/2 car has been a factor.

TT3 has been a huge class for us here in TX, while TT2 has temporarily dried up. TT1 and TTB are both slightly larger, but not by alot.

I miss TTA, but it going away cured any desire I ever had to compete with a Corvette.

It's killed TT2 in the SE and TTS used to have the best turnout. ST2 has some competitors but I don't know if there were even enough for tires. Guess I'll just run for fun...???

I'll also ask about STR3. So far all I can find is some 7s only cars in SoCal. Are there many others around the country?

Are there many places able to race yet?

I'll also ask about STR3. So far all I can find is some 7s only cars in SoCal. Are there many others around the country?

The ST3 crowd would be great here is the SE didn't give Thunder Roadsters their own class. So instead we have about 4-5 STR3 cars and about 15-20 TRs.

Edited by Guest

AZ TT3:

17 have done at least 1 day

12 have done at least 2 days

1 has done all 8 days

3 was the lowest turnout in a day

8 was the highest turnout in a day

These numbers are nearly identical to TTA numbers from last year.

There are also 2 more full-time cars that have yet to make an event this year due to mechanical updates/upgrades. 1 was a borderline TTA car that can now be a legit TT3 car by adding/changing things to his liking. The other 1 was going to have to make sacrifices to make TTA or be a complete underdog in TTS.

Edited by Guest

TT3 has been a huge class for us here in TX, while TT2 has temporarily dried up. TT1 and TTB are both slightly larger, but not by alot.

I miss TTA, but it going away cured any desire I ever had to compete with a Corvette.

Hey I am the only TT3 corvette thats ran in texas so far.

Edit that to "compete using a Corvette". I don't have the stomach nevermind the means to write the kinds of checks for parts it'll take to run up front in TT3,2,1...

From my perspective, ST3 so far is not working. It has created additional costs for the existing ST2 guys who had to speed up to 8:1, and fragmented those of us who have 2012 ST2 spec cars who aren't sure what to do going forward. There do not appear to be any 'new' ST3 cars that I can tell.

STR3 further complicates things; here in Socal there were 6 STR3 cars but no ST3 cars, and 6 ST2 cars at the last event.

I believe if we had the 2012 ST2 rules that would have been 12 ST2 cars, if GTS was folded in the fields would be even bigger but that seems like a fight for another day.

AZ TT3:

This is what concerns me. Did we simply raise the cost across the board for everyone?

AZ TT3:

This is what concerns me. Did we simply raise the cost across the board for everyone?

My viewpoint is...more or less.

It shoved a few true TTA people out the door that went on to GTS or something else. It also brought in a few others that fit into TT3 better than TTA/TTS. There's also a few that literally changed their A to a 3 and kept on racing.

There's also a few that literally changed their A to a 3 and kept on racing.

pretty much my level of prep so far. and I washed the car to

There's also a few that literally changed their A to a 3 and kept on racing.

pretty much my level of prep so far. and I washed the car to

29983313.jpg