ST3 / TT3 - Is it working?

sperkins

We are at the end of year one for this new class and I can speak for the Great Lakes/Mid West Regions that TT3 was a success!! This was a consistently large field, usually 7 or more entrants which was a big improvement over the previous TTA fields.

ST3 on the other hand was virtually non existent just as the previous years PTA fields. I'm hopeful that next year will bring more competitors to this class from people making the jump from TT3 to ST3 and jumping down from ST2. I think this class has more potential than ST2 because horsepower cost money making ST3 a little more accessible.

I'm looking forward to ST3 next year!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ILIKETODRIVE

• sperkins

• kbrew8991

• Cobra4B

I wish we could say the same in our region. We pretty much had the same group of cars running around.

Only difference was the cost went through the roof.

So for the guys that ran all season, was the .5 aero or the power worth more time?

No one in our region has tried aero yet.

I'll have a go at it in December at Road Atlanta.

IMO there's no question that aero would be worth the mod factor in ST3. If you've never driven with aero it might take some time to dial it in and the driver to really use it.

I'm hearing more rumblings about ST3 around here due to the classing for the endurance racing. ST3 is the limit for E0.

IMO there's no question that aero would be worth the mod factor in ST3. If you've never driven with aero it might take some time to dial it in and the driver to really use it.

I'm hearing more rumblings about ST3 around here due to the classing for the endurance racing. ST3 is the limit for E0.

I ran a four hour enduro with my non-aero ST3 car in June at Road Atlanta. Unfortunately, the GTS3 BMWs that are also classed in E0 have a fuel mileage advantage over the Corvette. We could only make about an hour and fifteen minutes on a tank in my car.

I will be in full aero in either ST2 or ST3 and running either ES or E0 at the 8 hour at Road Atlanta in December. Thinking about running again in E0 because the car is even more detuned on the ST3, big tire, aero setup. Should be like driving around in 6th gear. It would be nice to get 2 hours out of a tank and do refuel on a driver change.