Entry lists prior to events?

hakeem

I had this conversation at Sonoma with a number of ST/PT racers - is there some way we can see who is signed up for the events online, prior to the event? SCCA and others use something called motorsportreg.com which allows this.

It would be very helpful in knowing which class to sign up for when fields are somewhat limited (ie. STR3 vs ST3, etc).

• 10 months later...

Bump. I think NASA would really benefit from using a system such as MotorsportReg.com or at least upgrade the existing NASA registration systems to show who is signed up prior to racing events. It builds excitement and encourages participation when racers can see who and where people are racing. It could only help business for nasa and every racer I know wants to see this happen. Thanks.

Bill.

Every region in which I have registered for an event does this in some form or another, starting about a month prior to the event.

Maybe post in the region-specific forum?

your region either has or can easily get this type of report by asking for help from Nat'l office:

http://team-nasa.com/TX_EntryListReport.php

Ken great idea that hopefully will gather some momentum nationally.

Side bar: I opened the list and the first name up is Phil Hanson who I knew when he was a young trainer out of Oregon some 25+ years ago back when I showed. Hope he can drive like he shows a horse, he's one skilled cowboy.....

Most of the regions on the east side of the country post this information either on nasaforums or uploaded to a list of some sort. You guys should probably just approach your directors about it.

Southeast list comes out pretty much as soon as the previous event ended and is like live timing and scoring they updated it so much.

the above PHP list just pulls direct from the entry database, no updating by a human required. I bet knowing Jim and his computer programming background he's doing that or using that on the back end and putting a face on it to pretty it up on SE's homepage

JR - haven't been around Phil with horses, but he's pretty fun to dice with in the 944. Will mention the kind words next time I see him