Temporary Dirt/Dust/Rubber Marbles/Rock Protection

dtm151

For the dual purpose cars, what "temporary" means of protection do you use at the track? I am looking for some ideas since my car no longer has the 3M clear bra on it. Thanks for your help.

I used to go through the hassle of trying to protect the paint on my car. I tried all kinds of things. What worked the best was a Colgan car bra. It went on easy, stayed on at speeds of 145mph and didn't mess up my car. In the end I learned the best thing to do is accept that your paint is going to get a little messed up. Most of it will be on the front bumper cover. Just take care of the car as you normally would, washing and waxing. When you're done tracking get the front bumper repainted. It should cost around $700 give or take a $100 and you'll save tons of time in prepping the car and a few hundred bucks on tape and what not. It is part of the hobby.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Just today, I had my car done with paint protection film by a professional MasterShield here at Palm Desert, California. Thankfully, the outcome is very satisfactory and happy with it. If you want your truck and car being protected you can reach them or ask for help at https://www.mastershieldprotection.com/best-paint-protection-film or you can contact them via phone in their website. They will probably help you. Just sharing