TurboShortBus

Sebring Time Trial entry list for April 27-28, 2013

TurboShortBus

This is the OFFICIAL list of drivers and cars who have registered for the Time Trial classes for the upcoming event at Sebring International Raceway on April 27-28, 2013. Regardless of which class you selected when you registered online, this thread shall serve as the OFFICIAL list (based on corrected classification forms, car swaps, class changes for contingency, late/missing classification forms, driver requests, etc.). If you haven't yet, be sure to register soon to avoid late registration fees.

Please note that I need to receive your 2013 TT classification forms no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 in order for you to be placed in your proper class. Otherwise, you will be classed in TTU.

Drivers listed in red below need to submit TT classification forms, etc. by the deadline, or else they will be classed in TTU for the event. These drivers have registered for a class other than TTU.

Also, I would like to thank our TT awards sponsors, MAD Motorsports! Thank you for your support!

61599c65d68b1b2e18b62e4a54ed1f04_rf11.jpg

https://www.madmotorsports.com/

SATURDAY, April 27 and SUNDAY, April 28

TTU

1. Mark McKay (#26 vehicle TBD)

2. Jon Miller (#33 ???? Toyota Supra)

TT1

1. Bruce Bartos (#007 2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1)

TT2

1. Ken Mantovani (#160 2002 Chevrolet Corvette)

2. Danny Sanzera (#180 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06)

TT3

1. John Strauss (#469 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca)

TTB

1. Eric Armstrong (#321 2004 Porsche Boxster S)

2. Sarah Cattaneo (#111 2004 Mini Cooper)

TTC

1. J. Ash Rovecamp (#257 2004 Pontiac GTO)

2. Charles Vedral (#18 2004 Honda S2000)

TTD

1. Al Butler (#425 2002 BMW 330i)

2. Jon Miller (#34 2013 Scion FRS)

TTE

1. Jonathan Czarny (#5 2003 Mazda Miata)

2. Chi Ho (#82 1999 Mazda Protege)

3. Albert Lazo (#92 1988 Honda CRX)

4. Victor Leo (#0 1986 BMW 325e) See classification forms for Joshua Feingold's TTE BMW E30

5. Steve Nix (#711 2008 Honda Accord)

6. Michael Strasser (#6 1990 BMW 325iS)

7. Chris Wells (#13 1991 Mazda Miata)

TTF

1. Joshua Feingold (#60 1986 BMW 325e)

2. Robert Paszkiewicz (#10 1997 Acura Integra)

This list will be updated regularly as drivers register and as tire shenanigans take place. But, at 5:00 pm on April 24, it's "pencils down" for changing classes.

See you soon!

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTU has been updated.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTB has been updated. We seem to have a strange epidemic of non-licensed, non-approved people signing up for TT. I like the enthusiasm, though!

Mark

TurboShortBus

Steve Nix has been moved from TTD to TTE. Per our estimates and calculations, the wt/power ratio for his car is 16.53, and it has a total of -1 modification point from its base of TTD.

Mark

Balroks

The Wife's got a 2009 accord with hard ass tires, maybe she can run against him

Mrsideways

I heard Jon Miller is signing up in TTD in his FRS. I think he took 2nd at nationals and just smashed the TTD record at Roebling last weekend. And I believe Spec Miata Racer Jonathan Czarny is signing up in his Miata in TTE. He use to run a TTU Noble in NASA Mid Atlantic.

I might have the S2000 back, But I won't have a Dyno sheet and I'm not sure she'll be track ready by then. Big engine swap I'm not quite trusting everything just yet. I think I'll autox it and if nothing falls off I might see if I can take it out in HPDE something or other just to see if it'll survive a lap.

TurboShortBus

The Scion and its E85 are already on our radar...

Mark

King Tut

Mark

No good. I don't think the car will be nearly as competitive at Sebring as it was at Roebling. He could be putting down as little at 165 whp or as much as 200 whp on an E85 tune and the car probably weighs 2700 lbs for a possible weight to power ratio of 12:1 which would put him outside of TTD though.

TurboShortBus

TTC, TTD, TTE, and TTF have been updated. Lots of "red" still out there; an e-mail will go out to those drivers tonight.

Mark

getfast
He could be putting down as little at 165 whp or as much as 200 whp on an E85 tune

We may be able to find out for sure on a mobile Dynojet next weekend. Wait, did I just say that out loud?

Mrsideways

I'm gonna protest the power on the Celica just to see if it can even turn the rollers on the dyno

BlkGt3

Mark

No good. I don't think the car will be nearly as competitive at Sebring as it was at Roebling. He could be putting down as little at 165 whp or as much as 200 whp on an E85 tune and the car probably weighs 2700 lbs for a possible weight to power ratio of 12:1 which would put him outside of TTD though.

My math is comes up to 13.70 PTW with weight 2770 and smaller than 245 tire adj. = 202 +/- rwhp. Of course my math is subject to errors as I have CRS syndrome

Peter

Mrsideways

What I want to know is where is Victor? Figured he'd be out to defend his TTD record.

TurboShortBus
What I want to know is where is Victor? Figured he'd be out to defend his TTD record.

He might be running in Spec Pinata.

Mark

getfast

Some admin just reg'd Vic for TTE in the crapcan E30 at his request.

TurboShortBus

TT2 has been updated.

Still lots of red...

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTE has been updated.

Mark

Joshua

This is going to be an interesting weekend in TT!

Two drivers new to our region claim that they're going break existing track records - in TTF and TTD. The TTF record is quite soft, I should know since I set it last fall in a nearly mechanically stock (cut springs) BMW 325E on nearly worn out tires. I'll be back out with fresher tires and see if I can lower the mark without getting too embarrassed by Integra driver Robert. The TTD record was set by Victor driving my Miata in October 2011. We'll see if Jonathan, the driver of an E85 powered FRS can get the job done. The car has a very friendly power to weight ratio, and if that platform can get through the corners, it should be possible.

Sebring is a great track, and it will be a fun weekend.

Edited by Guest

Joshua

Mark

My math is comes up to 13.70 PTW with weight 2770 and smaller than 245 tire adj. = 202 +/- rwhp. Of course my math is subject to errors as I have CRS syndrome

Peter

I've heard a "rumor" that the car makes around 191rwhp on E85. If so, with a weight of 2775lbs and the various correction factors for weight and tires, that give it an adjusted W/P of 14.53:1. The car can make as much as 194rwhp and still be legal in TTD that has a minimum adjusted W/P of 14.25:1. By contrast, my Miata in TTD trim makes 161rwhp and weighs 2395lbs, with an adjusted W/P of 14.88:1.

It will be exciting to see what the car and driver can do!

BlkGt3

Peter

I've heard a "rumor" that the car makes around 191rwhp on E85. If so, with a weight of 2775lbs and the various correction factors for weight and tires, that give it an adjusted W/P of 14.53:1. The car can make as much as 194rwhp and still be legal in TTD that has a minimum adjusted W/P of 14.25:1. By contrast, my Miata in TTD trim makes 161rwhp and weighs 2395lbs, with an adjusted W/P of 14.88:1.

Joshua

Yes he can make up to 194rwhp at 2775# BEFORE the correction factors for weight and tire smaller than a 245. My math says 202rwhp after the weight and tire size corrections are applied. At least that is how I read the rules.

Peter

Joshua

Peter

Yes he can make up to 194rwhp at 2775# BEFORE the correction factors for weight and tire smaller than a 245. My math says 202rwhp after the weight and tire size corrections are applied. At least that is how I read the rules.

Peter

Yep, my math was wrong - here are the corrected amounts

2775/191 = 14.53

+0.80 for tire 245mm or smaller

-0.45 weight equal or less than 2800 lbs

14.53 + 0.80 - 0.45 = 14.88

So his FRS and my Miata have EXACTLY the same adjusted W/P ratio assuming the Scion makes 191 at the rear wheels!

His maximum allowable power for TTD is 199rwhp

2775/199 = 13.94

+0.80 for tire 245mm or smaller

-0.45 weight equal or less than 2800 lbs

13.94 + 0.80 - 0.45 = 14.29, just over the minimum ratio of 14.25:1

TurboShortBus

Classification forms have been uploaded for TTC Rovecamp and TTF Paszkiewicz.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTB and TTC have been updated. It looks like Eric is getting some competition.

Mark

TurboShortBus

Holy crap, we are dangerously close to having all TT classification forms on file.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTU has been updated.

Annnnnnnnnnd we're done. Drivers who have sent their classification forms to in my inbox and/or those posted to Google Drive are all set.

Mark