getfast

Sebring Apr 27-28, 2013: Last Minute Thread™

getfast

[As the subject suggests, we have been establishing "last minute" threads for each event about week prior. This is where you should look for late breaking news, announcements, and related updates. It will be posted here before it's on the website and long before it's ever emailed to anyone (if it gets emailed at all.) So please make a habit of checking here before you leave for the track. Thanks! -Jon]

Hi everyone-

The event info page has been updated yet again... http://www.drivenasafl.com/scheduleresults/sebring . Entry list with car numbers, current weekend schedule, and many other details can be found there. The final confirmation email goes out shortly and will be linked from that event info page in case you miss it.

Pre-registration is open until 9pm Tuesday April 23rd, from https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1601 . Please add $50 for any at-track registration IF spaces are available and IF drivers can be quickly qualified for an appropriate run group. We cannot guarantee that we will be set up to research driving histories, renew licenses/memberships, etc. I strongly suggest checking with me privately for clearance if an at-track registration is your plan.

Don't forget, we will be autocrossing both days at this event so we will need people to only use the bottom half of the concrete inside T17 (most of the area on the T16 side will be the autocross course and paddock.) We will have everything blocked off shortly after 5pm on Friday but please be prepared to move if necessary. There is a whole lot of paddock space at Sebring and no reason why we can't compress our camps a bit closer together...

This will also tentatively be our first event of the year with an at-track mobile Dynojet for race and TT classing compliance. They are usually more than happy to do pulls for participants when they aren't busy handling competition cars; please inquire with them about pricing & availability.

At the time of this writing we could certainly use more instructors, HPDE3/4 drivers, TT'ers, and racers. Please join us for a last weekend of fun before summertime comes.

Any questions or concerns, jfelton(at)drivenasa(dot)com is the best way to reach me. Thanks again and see you soon!

getfast

HUGE THANKS to all of you for choosing to come play with us. The NASA Florida team is busy gearing up for an awesome weekend!!!

The confirmation/details email was sent to everyone again, including all late entries. Here it is again anyway: http://eepurl.com/ypzuD

Registration is now closed and the final pre-reg list has been posted: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApnFIz7a5cThdHo5R0lVeUg0XzRHZnpFRTNaSnIxZnc&output=html

All changes to that list must be made at the track now that everything has been finalized. We WILL be able to take at-track registrations in various groups; please contact me for details.

We have confirmed that this should be the final schedule (or else I just wasted 28 bucks on copies): http://www.drivenasafl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/apr13seb_sched_v1.pdf

One "TBA" to update, we will do sprint race & TT awards around 5pm Saturday. Enduro race awards as well as any remaining sprint race awards will be done after 8pm which is also when the usual social hour will be. All are welcome to join us for a bite and a chilly one in the paddock around 8pm. Some say the off-track activities are as fun as the on-track ones.

Racers, please note that yes indeed we plan to split the race groups and that you have been assigned to Thunder or Lightning as per the entry list linked above. This is not set in stone (some adjustments may be necessary on Saturday) but please assume it's correct until/unless told otherwise. We will also go over the split starts during the morning meeting, of course.

Several have asked about paddock. There is PLENTY of room, just don't assume you can have 100 feet from your camp to the next one. If you can paddock in the grass please do so - some of the bigger rigs can only park on the concrete. Luckily the autocross course only takes up this much space:

seb_paddock.jpg

Gates open at 5pm Friday but I'll be on the road from points north as of noon Wednesday. [email protected] remains the best way to reach me anytime.

Thanks again and see you at Sebring!

getfast

One "TBA" to update, we will do sprint race & TT awards around 5pm Saturday. Enduro race awards as well as any remaining sprint race awards will be done after 8pm which is also when the usual social hour will be. All are welcome to join us for a bite and a chilly one in the paddock around 8pm. Some say the off-track activities are as fun as the on-track ones.

Some late breaking news, we are going to do a bigger and better social than expected - actually a party, starting around 8pm Saturday! Grilled brats, burgers, chicken, sides galore, and plenty of delicious BEvERageS. All are welcome, not just racers. Huge thanks to the Intercontinental Trophy Cup series and Avitus Group for helping us pull this party together!

Also we are assembling enduro prizes galore thanks to MCM Holdings, OG Racing, and Racemaker Press. Those who finish well will NOT leave the party empty-handed!

mcamus

Sounds like fun.

jakermc

Since I am new to the region, coming in from TX, I want to make sure I understand the schedule correctly. Since there are two race groups, is our track time limited to the following each day (unless we sign up for and pay for an additional group)?:

Warm-up

Quali

1 Race

getfast

Correct. One race a day since we split the groups. Feel free to supersize for additional track time, though! (Enduro, TT, or HPDE4)

getfast
Several have asked about paddock. There is PLENTY of room, just don't assume you can have 100 feet from your camp to the next one. If you can paddock in the grass please do so - some of the bigger rigs can only park on the concrete. Luckily the autocross course only takes up this much space:

seb_paddock.jpg

Update: out of consideration for your fellow participants if you do not need electrical hook up please do not park your trucks and trailers along the chain link fence that separates the concrete competitors paddock area from the grassy area. There is very limited access to electricity at Sebring and the autocross course is taking up a portion of that access. Also please park perpendicular to the fences to maximize space available. Unless you are a large team running multiple cars and need to park parallel to the fence. Remember, we are trying to accommodate everyone and have fun! There is plenty of parking, but we need to work together! Thanks in advance for your cooperation!