abrusssich

NOLA May 2013

abrusssich

Just registered for the NOLA May 04/05 event but did not see anything for Friday T&T, or covered paddocks space rental on the registration web page. Are these available thru NASA or do we need to contact NOLA directly?

Also, will Thursday drop-off be available?

Al B.

Fair

Also looking for the TnT sign up. Will get there Thursday night (late) and want to spend Friday learning this track...

bpanther

Contact the NASA NOLA region directly on these questions. I could try to answer, but dont want to give out the wrong info.

Scott F.

We will be running an open lapping day on Friday. You can register at http://www.motorsportreg.com. We run three groups (novice, intermediate, and race cars). Drivers meeting is at 8:30am. We do not have covered paddock space but do have RV hookups available. Contact Reynell Alexander at [email protected] to reserve an RV spot.

If you have more questions or need further information, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Thanks much and we look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Scott

Fair

Thanks Kelly - just signed up for the Friday TnT. Can't wait!

DSC_7650-M.jpg

I signed up as #97 in "Advanced"... hope they don't put me in beginner group on Friday.

kbrew8991

I thought you were all for evaluating new drivers very carefully? (kidding!!!!)

bpanther
Thanks Kelly - just sRi

igned up for the Friday TnT. Can't wait!

DSC_7650-M.jpg

I signed up as #97 in "Advanced"... hope they don't put me in beginner group on Friday.

197 or 97 ???

Fair
197 or 97 ???

Yea, well, their Friday TnT's MotorsportReg system only went from 00 to 99...

bucketlist

We are registered. Wasn't "The NOLA May" the name of the plane that dropped the first atomic bomb in WW2?

smitty328
We are registered. Wasn't "The NOLA May" the name of the plane that dropped the first atomic bomb in WW2?

I think you're off by a few letters, but when you're dropping atomic bombs, you can be off a little.

Shawn T.

I think you're off by a few letters, but when you're dropping atomic bombs, you can be off a little.

Racebrat

Such funny guys from Texas.....

Fair

NOLA Track Map / configuration... ?

nola-28-north-map-XL.jpg

Ken B asked us to make a track map for this event. Once we get the proper direction, grid location, and corner numbering we will mark-up the above map (that I made for a January event) and repost it. Ken B is also going print these out for the TT folks.

kbrew8991

Terry, if that's what you emailed over that's the correct config, it runs CW. Fired back a marked up copy - excuse the fisher-price-my-first-photo-edit stuff

bucketlist

Karting!!!

J_Roberts

Awesome. I propose an "NOLA May" (Enola Gay) related name-of-event suggestion contest:

eNOLA is Gay in May

NASA Drops the Bomb at NOLA

NASAblicans Say 'Nukular' - Texas Invades NOLA

I can think of others but I do not want to be too irreverent

abrusssich

NOLA schedule and welcome letter? It is Tuesday and if possible would like to have a schedule before heading out on Thursday. Thanks.

Fair

We made a new track map for this event...

jpgBetterNOLA%20TRACK%20MAP%20copy%202-M.jpg

You can download a higher rez version here, to print.

See yall this weekend,

kbrew8991

and to clarify:

Starts / Outlap for the group will be largely unchanged - still limited pace, push to catch the car ahead and then scrub tires as desired, and don't create huge gaps. The change will be that no tire scrubbing or heavy braking is allowed in the "bunch up" zone. The bunch up zone is soley there to get the field tight, focused, and ready to go green at the "go green" point. Penalties may be issued for offenders creating excess gaps, scrubbing/braking in the bunch up zone, etc and will defnitely be levied for repeat offenders.

I'm working with NOLA to get a green flag waved at the go point, but, as a reminder - lack of DYs = Green conditions, so GO! If DYs persist, don't go - there's been some issue that has caused us to not start the session yet. You all are advanced drivers and should be capable of handling this without missing a beat, right?

Also expect more agressive use of the blue flag (faster car, may want to let them by), furled black (warning for bad driver behaviour), and waved black (you done messed up now). We're going to be using the blue to break up packs and furled blacks for drivers messing up, racing each other, etc. followed up by waved blacks if the behaviour continues.

Lastly, be ready to be impounded post session until we have a quick download meeting. I'm not 100% sure I've got it worked out with NOLA to make this happen, but it's been asked for and we're preparing for it. Too many of your peers skip the nicer kinder gentler meetings. Instructors will be quickly excused if they need to get ready for their students of course.

bpanther
NOLA schedule and welcome letter? It is Tuesday and if possible would like to have a schedule before heading out on Thursday. Thanks.

Kelly and Scott are hammering out the last few details now....

abrusssich

Kelly and Scott are hammering out the last few details now....

Most excellent and thank you.

Jason S.

Are there any tire services going to be there?

***Found it already***

Hey drivers,

If you have questions concerning the Speed Shop at NOLA or about tech at NOLA, please contact Benjy (Speed Shop Manager) at [email protected]

They charge $25.00 a wheel for standard style rims and $35.00 dollars for "race" style rims (3-piece, center-lock, etc...).

They will be doing tech on Friday from 3-5pm and them pick back up at 7am Saturday morning.

Thanks and hope this helps.

Scott

WynnS123

Where are all the TTB guys? Sign up!

PoBoyR6
Where are all the TTB guys? Sign up!

Hey Wynn. I would have loved to come out and join you at NOLA but it was just too soon after TWS. I'm waiting on 2 sets of tires to be delivered and ETA is after this weekend.

Come out with us to TWS in Sept. That will be my next NASA event.