Tech Inspection

mbrownew

This was my first NASA HPDE event. From what I understood I needed a tech inspection before the event. I went to Bumbera's and got that done. I brought the sheet and it was collected at the first time on track. My question is whether that inspection covers me for just one event or for the year. I see information for an annual inspection but I don't know whether it applies. Can one of the organizers let me know whether I need one for each event or not.

• Members

It's one per track event. Here in the RM region, you're allowed to do an annual race car tech, but that stupid sticker needs to stay there the whole time. I'm still thinking I'll do it because these techs get tedious, especially when they don't check half of the stuff I already did. To me, it's an insult, but I realize most people don't know squat about their car and need their hand held. I've worked at the tech station before, and some of the crap people try to pull due to aggravated ignorance is just astounding.

• 5 weeks later...

One thing that hasn't been clear to me is where do I get my car teched? I have a trailered, no-street driven car (2006 Lotus Exige) that I do all my own work/maintenance on and with all other clubs I do my own tech (PCA, BMW, Lotus, etc).

Thanks!

-Ross

I'll be running my first 2 events with NASA this season but am a little confused about what to do for tech. I have a non-street driven trailer track car (Lotus Exige) that, while it's not caged is my dedicated track car. For all the other groups/clubs I drive with I do my own tech (as I do all my own work).

So for NASA do I just fill out the tech form and bring it with me to each event? I assume there is then a quick at-track tech or is that not correct?

Really looking forward to running with you guys!

-Ross

So for NASA do I just fill out the tech form and bring it with me to each event? I assume there is then a quick at-track tech or is that not correct?

-Ross

For GL/MW Region, thats what I do. The techs then just look over the safety equipment to make sure all is in working order and present.

I'll be running my first 2 events with NASA this season but am a little confused about what to do for tech. I have a non-street driven trailer track car (Lotus Exige) that, while it's not caged is my dedicated track car. For all the other groups/clubs I drive with I do my own tech (as I do all my own work).

-Ross

If you post your region someone from there might give specifics. I assume you are running HPDE and in Mid-Atlantic you can self-tech your car using that form and bring it to the track. There is a "tech shed" that you'll need to bring your car through but for HPDE it's a 2 minute check that the car is safe to run....then they put a sticker on the windshield for the weekend.

Sorry I didn't post that, you're right that would probably help.

I'm in Denver so mostly Rocky Mountain but I'm going to hit Texas to run Hallett. It's funny how some clubs make a huge deal about tech while others are fairly laid back. I suppose with HPDE and NASA I care more about my car being safe than they do! (if you get my meaning).

-Ross

-Ross

If you post your region someone from there might give specifics. I assume you are running HPDE and in Mid-Atlantic you can self-tech your car using that form and bring it to the track. There is a "tech shed" that you'll need to bring your car through but for HPDE it's a 2 minute check that the car is safe to run....then they put a sticker on the windshield for the weekend.

-Ross

We are excited to have you come to Hallett! It is a great event and a ton of fun! The at track tech is very simple and only takes a few minutes. If you want have your form already filled out that is fine, we will sign off on it after the inspection. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have!