Reincarnate norcal H1?

mikeski38

So USTCC just gave me the finger for beating all their pretty E46 M3's...How many Norcal Honda's can we get together? My car is H1 spec at the moment. Meris? tommy Lo? Dave Martel? Pete B? New guy? maybe even scare out a Downey or two.

So USTCC just gave me the finger for beating all their pretty E46 M3's...How many Norcal Honda's can we get together? My car is H1 spec at the moment. Meris? tommy Lo? Dave Martel? Pete B? New guy? maybe even scare out a Downey or two.

USTCC is screwing you over huh?

I'm in for H1, so long we can get 5+ cars to be eligible for some contigency

We should set a date/event for everyone to show up to a norcal race

Chris said, "why don't we organize a Norcal HC reunion?" I count quite a few active hondas in the area.

-mine

-chris'

-chris smith

-percy

-meris

-tommy lo (before he make a big mistake on a non honda, wait, he wants me to do the cage....hmmm...be a 2 car owner tommy!)

-Pete B

-Dave Martel

-New guy

-ustcc civic #2

-ustcc rsx

-Downey?

-Ron Carrol, bring your car, I'm dying to see you driving again

-lepper and his sexy purple accord

Chris said, "why don't we organize a Norcal HC reunion?" I count quite a few active hondas in the area.

-mine

-chris'

-chris smith

-percy

-meris

-tommy lo (before he make a big mistake on a non honda, wait, he wants me to do the cage....hmmm...be a 2 car owner tommy!)

-Pete B

-Dave Martel

-New guy

-ustcc civic #2

-ustcc rsx

-Downey?

Good Luck Mike with the reincarnation, that would be Cool.

b.

• 2 weeks later...

I am reasonably sure I will be around in August. I will make it a point to make it if you can make it happen then. Might even buy some new tires. I will probably be there any way, but with out the new tires.

Sorry to hear that about USTCC.

I will certainly make it a point to support any race possible where the most number of Honda's make an appearance.

My car is probably outside an H2 designation and short of H1. I run C.O.P., have modified rear LCA's and probably some other tech fails. Relaxed tech is ok with me. I was building toward USTCC and TT. If I am going to get jumped on for any of this, than I'll stay away. I most interested in competition with similar cars and not outcome.

NCRC would probably be more fun than jumping into the Group C chaos at NASA. But either way, I drive.

Andrew Ogilvie has been in every HC event this year in the rasta yellow/green Jamaican color themed hatch in H2, so you can likely count on him showing within NASA events.

The last three Group C races were bordering on 40% yellow flag control because of Roadster/Legend STU and there was not much fun in that.

David

I was at Thunderhill with Nasa the last few days running TT. Andrie Hartanto was running an S2000 in HC1, so there is a chance that he will be at some of the future events. - Jim

Edited by Guest

Where is everyone on this? I'd love to race with you guys! Either as a an HC "reunion" of within an NCRC event. Either way it would be a ton of Fun. WAs cool watching Andrie turn a 1:57+ in his new S2000 this past weekend!

If any Honda Racers are interested A few folks will probably be racing with NCRC at Thunderhill June 29-30. I know I will be out there. Would be good to have other Hondas to race with.

-mine

-chris'

-chris smith

-percy

-meris

-Pete B

-Dave Martel

-New guy

-ustcc civic #2

-ustcc rsx

-Downey?

Good Luck Mike with the reincarnation, that would be Cool.

b.

Maybe just maybe one red civic hatch may make a comeback. Fingers crossed!

If any Honda Racers are interested A few folks will probably be racing with NCRC at Thunderhill June 29-30. I know I will be out there. Would be good to have other Hondas to race with.

David Martel is at many of the NCRC ARC races, but he won't be able to attend the one on 6/29-6/30. Graham and his dad are at many of the NCRC ARC races, but they usually are in H2 class Hondas, but maybe Graham could be talked into bringing his H1 car. I'm hoping to drive in the NCRC ARC race on 6/29-6/30 if my engine gets fixed - I'm driving a H2 EK hatch, but I'm say 2-6 seconds off the fastest drivers. There are other types of cars racing in the NCRC ARC races, with most being in the 2:00-2:12 range at Thunderhill. - Jim

I wont be going to the NCRC event. IF my car gets sorted I will be racing STU with SCCA the first weekend in July. I think I'm going to look towards preparing the car to run endures next year.

Had not really considered Nats...stu because there

Are 8-10 cars racing on class, rules

Allow me to run at 2500 pounds with as much

Hp as I can get out of the k motor, I know

Several of the guys racing, etc....lots of

Stuff up in the air now though...will know more

Next week...

According to rule in STU, you will have to change quite a bit on your car. no cannards, smaller wing, front splitter, ride height, etc.

According to rule in STU, you will have to change quite a bit on your car. no cannards, smaller wing, front splitter, ride height, etc.

Andrie, sure you're not confusing STU with STL? I thought that STL was the under 2.0L class that has limitations similar to H2. STU should be similar to ex-WCTC cars.

Regards,

Sam

Turns out car won't be ready until after the SCCA weekend anyway...but for next year the splitter is legal, getting new bumper, so no canards, car arguably does not need so much wing, suspension needs more compliance for me so ride height will change. Truth of the matter is that there is no H1 in norcal, USTCC is....well, USTCC, not a good place to race an old car, and SCCA STU in norcal is growing. I will make the small adjustments and race there next year, with more power than I can make with an H1 car....Either that or Enduros. After Jei sorts and tunes my car will just finish this year with the Last two USTCC events and probably NASA TT in October.