• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• ILIKETODRIVE

• Varkwso

• Stinger1987

TT3 has been 2nd biggest class in TX thus far behind TTB. But it's populated by former TTA people that had their class disappear and some TTS people that bumped down as expected and those two used to be the biggest classes we had. We've lost some people that were dedicated to the TTA and TTS rulesets, resulting in what was the 3rd biggest class leapfrogging to the front. And TT2 has been almost non-existant.

Hopefully it's eventually a net gain and we're just seeing some teething pains right now. Still hurts to see old friends walk away from the series though and that's been the biggest setback for us at this point.

I bought my TTA car for TTA, about two months before the rule change announcment.

but I still love to come play. being an underdog isnt going to keep me at home.

Trigger - TTA C5Z running TT3

this region its the same old TTA cars.

When the hard core TTS cars drop down to TT3 us street car guys are dead meat.

There is no way a TTA car is going to be competitive with a de-powered TTS car.

When that happens you will start to see a lot more people walking away from TT3 and possibly NASA as a whole.

I know I most likely will.

I am not prepared to hack up my street car to be competitive in TT3. THATS WHY I RAN TTA to start with.......

If I wanted to run a HP/Weight class that has no limits beyond HP/LBS and OEM aero/non OEM aero I would have run TTS+ in the first place.

It's one thing to be an under dog(I was an underdog in TTA, but I was able to work harder and get a few wins and I NEVER complained about C5 Z06's being overdogs)

But running against old SCCA world challenge Corvettes etc is bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Well, I commend NASA on the change. We all like to raise a stink when things don't go our way. But at Nola we had an SN197 Mustang, V8 Miata, 993 Porsche, C5Z, and an Evo. That's a mix of cars that is refreshing to see on track. And I think that was the whole point.

I am not prepared to hack up my street car to be competitive in TT3. THATS WHY I RAN TTA to start with.......

If I wanted to run a HP/Weight class that has no limits beyond HP/LBS and OEM aero/non OEM aero I would have run TTS+ in the first place.

Why can't you run TTB?

Why can't you run TTB?

Mustang GT is TTB stock,

I can add A6's +13

a 275 tire (cheapest to buy) +1

FRPP Dampers (tokico twin tubes) +3

Factory option Brembo calipers +2.

Thats all you can do. So thats a BONE STOCK 2011-2012 Mustang GT (2013's are TTB* even though they are the same car) with shocks and slicks........

Car wont be competitive at a national level without more than that

Plus I have all this money wrapped up in parts that make a Mustang a truely track credible car that I cant get nearly what I paid for them, so I would rather keep them keep the car as a well sorted out package and a find a home for it, since NASA took away the home it was built for.

Is the blue Mustang in your sig the one you're talking about? If so:

I am not prepared to hack up my street car to be competitive in TT3.

I kinda chuckle at this comment...since that Mustang already looks a million times more like a track car than any kind of street car.

I kinda chuckle at this comment...since that Mustang already looks a million times more like a track car than any kind of street car.

There hasn't been a street car running at the pointy end of hardly any TT classes for the last 3-4 yrs, at least in SE and MA. Not in any class with any real competition.

Even with identical prep'd same type car, gutted race car with extreme lightening, re-ballasting and reduction in unsprung weight > street car version with glass windows, e-brake hardware, plush interior, yada yada.

I think Ben drove his TTA C5 to Nats last year but it couldn't have been comfortable and he's an exception

I ran 1:35.208 at Nationals with a 3,800lb car with A/C, Navigation, full interior, all sound deadner intact etc.

I have the wing on a different decklid and I swap it off an on and I daily drive my car.

Here is the car without all the stickers.

I guess stickers make a car look "racey" around these parts:

25.jpg

You swap fog lights in/out as well?

enitre front facsia change if I run the rear wing.

This past event at Mid Ohio I ran the street stuff front and rear

IMG_7454-600.jpg

My class stickers at the past event:

screw_tt3.jpg

hell a vast majority of the C5 Z06's in TTA were street cars!!!

Couldn't be farther from the truth. I knew of only one in the Southeast (now retired) and we had a crap ton of C5's in TTA at one point. All the rest were fully gutted and well prepped. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but I know that TTA was competitive nationwide so I seriously doubt there were many street C5's running around.

At least you have an option for a points based class so pick your poison.

No Corvette built in the last 16 years has that luxury.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. I knew of only one in the Southeast (now retired) and we had a crap ton of C5's in TTA at one point. All the rest were fully gutted and well prepped. I can't speak for the rest of the country, but I know that TTA was competitive nationwide so I seriously doubt there were many street C5's running around.

The c5's in Great Lakes were 99+% street cars. The TTA National champ winning car in 2008 & 2009 (same car, different drivers) was a street car (Great Lakes region)........

TTA regardless of make was a street car class in the GL region

2009 was a long time ago when it comes to car set-up and prep.

The c5's in Great Lakes were 99+% street cars. The TTA National champ winning car in 2008 & 2009 (same car, different drivers) was a street car (Great Lakes region)........

TTA regardless of make was a street car class in the GL region

2009 was a long time ago when it comes to car set-up and prep.

I honestly dont remember who won in 2010 and 2011, I asssume C5, were they gutted or were they street cars?

The term "streetcar" is subjective. I could technically get tags and insurance on my car and legally drive it on the street but I would never consider it a street car.

Alsberg won 2010-2012 with a C5, I believe it was Sawtelle's old ST2 car converted back to TTA. It's not a street car but it does go off-road on occasion (or should I say off-track).

Dansbuy in 2009 with a vette, running 4 seconds slower than Rory's 2010 time. [here's an unrelated trivia question: Ian Stewart won TTC that year in a Mini Cooper S with a time that beat the TTB winner and almost beat the TTA winner. What rule was implemented the following year which directly impacted Ian's winning car?]

Ryan Gates won in 2008 with an Evo X which promptly received a new classing the following year and hasn't been heard from since.

Ken Smith in 2007 with a C5 Z06. Ken was back again last year with the C6 Z06 I believe.

Edited by Guest

The point is that you're trying to be competitive at the national level with a hybrid street/track car. That's no longer a reality. Cake and ice cream is for birthday parties. You can't have both in racing.

Why not look for a less expensive car that you care less about and build it to be a winner?

The point is that you're trying to be competitive at the national level with a hybrid street/track car. That's no longer a reality. Cake and ice cream is for birthday parties. You can't have both in racing.

Why not look for a less expensive car that you care less about and build it to be a winner?

Because that's smart and if we were smart we wouldn't race to start with

The term "streetcar" is subjective. I could technically get tags and insurance on my car and legally drive it on the street but I would never consider it a street car.

Exactly how I get mine to-from the track! FAR from a "street" car!

Thats all you can do. So thats a BONE STOCK 2011-2012 Mustang GT (2013's are TTB* even though they are the same car) with shocks and slicks........

2013's wish they were TTB*, I ran with only brake pads changed and couldn't stay in TTB.