Last Month at Mid Ohio we had:

TTB = 4

TT3 = 9

TT2 = 4

This upcoming weekend at Mid Ohio we have:

TTB = 5

TT3 = 9

TT2 = 5

TT3 seems to consistently have good turnouts in GL/MW region. TTE is also another class that gets 7-10 at Mid Ohio. I think there are 10 this upcoming weekend.

What kind of cars are running TT3 there.

A lot of different ones, good mix of everything.

Now if you ask who WINS in tt3... Corvettes, exclusively.

The fast TT3 Corvettes and Evos have been MIA in Texas for most of the year.... Terry's S197 Mustang sure ain't slow though and that was before this last round of big aero upgrades.

Only because no Honda Civics have entered. Just wait...

Only because no Honda Civics have entered. Just wait...

We have one locally. Under-powered on used 275/35R15 Hoosiers without the car being dialed in AT ALL it was only a few tenths off the guys that had built their cars for TTA (mostly fast and loud E36s) and have transitioned to TT3.

Man I'd love to run against taxi-cabs and secretary cars.

LOL

Also keep in mind: 2 of our tracks (Wild Horse Pass East and West [formerly Firebird East and West]) are super small/tight where in TTS/TT2 'vettes would get pounded by AWD cars and Tage in Casper The Friendly Civic. No straights to pump up their lap times. These same 'vettes would be competitive and win at larger 2.5+ mile tracks like Inde and CVR but not on 1.25 and 1.1 mile tracks.

[Also keep in mind: 2 of our tracks (Wild Horse Pass East and West [formerly Firebird East and West]) are super small/tight where in TTS/TT2 'vettes would get pounded by AWD cars and Tage in Casper The Friendly Civic. No straights to pump up their lap times. These same 'vettes would be competitive and win at larger 2.5+ mile tracks like Inde and CVR but not on 1.25 and 1.1 mile tracks.

How does a 9:1 corvette go down a straight quicker than a 9:1 sedan?

Depending on the sedan, aero can start to play a meaningful role. But that is usually a marginal difference (unless you are at a place like Pocono).

Acceleration up to ~80 or 90mph should be nearly identical on the 9:1 cars, save for any gearing issues.

Vettes are pretty good at auto-x. If the smaller tracks are more technical, there may be driver or setup issues causing the disparity.

Depending on the sedan, aero can start to play a meaningful role. But that is usually a marginal difference (unless you are at a place like Pocono).

Acceleration up to ~80 or 90mph should be nearly identical on the 9:1 cars, save for any gearing issues.

Vettes are pretty good at auto-x. If the smaller tracks are more technical, there may be driver or setup issues causing the disparity.

Most modern sedans have similar cd figures as a C5 or C6 vette, assuming no aero on either car. A little more frontal area on the bigger sedan, but yeah, it's a 100+ mph deal and only for the back half of a straight, if that - you're talking about an small advantage for probably less than 10 or 15% of the total lap time at most tracks.

How does a 9:1 corvette go down a straight quicker than a 9:1 sedan?

The same reason my 17:1 Integra is quicker down a straight that an 17:1 Miata: Torque and gearing.

torque and gearing are open in TT1,2,3 but harder to address in TTB-F without points assesments...

FWD give-back is pretty big, plus the new give-back for small engines... ugh

torque and gearing are open in TT1,2,3

Exactly, if yours sucks, change it. No more "I'm stuck with it" because of points excuses. We're all spending $$, everybody else can to

So really what I should have said is, how is a PROPERLY developed 9:1 corvette go down a straight quicker than a PROPERLY developed 9:1 sedan?

torque and gearing are open in TT1,2,3 but harder to address in TTB-F without points assesments...

FWD give-back is pretty big, plus the new give-back for small engines... ugh

I missed the new give back for small motors. I thought Civics didn't need the help.