Helmet question

wera44

I have searched but I'm finding different answers. I'm going to do my HPDE 1 next month at Road Atlanta. I own a few dot/snell rated full face motorcycle helmets and I want to use 1 for the trackday. I know eventually I will need a SA rated helmet but I may not have one by then. So can I use what I already have?

Thanks

You will have to have a SA rated helmet.

This is generally incorrect for HPDE. M helmets are allowed, current or last few ratings, unless there is some regional rule or track rule in addition to the national rule.

Check the CCR and any regional rules as appropriate. In this case it's specifically stated at http://www.nasa-se.com/hpde.php

I've used an M for many years at Road Atlanta when I lived nearby, so unless there's a new track specific rule.... CCR states that M is ok. Is Southeast upping the minimum requirement through some sort of published supplemental regs?

You guys are absolutely correct and I'm completely wrong. I apologize for posting incorrect information. I was looking at the ccr in w2w.