TT3 theorhetical, what would you build

trigger

personally I would just LSX the RX8. same power from an LS6 and flat TQ. and you can do all your sessions, vice fiddling with a broken rotary in the pits.

also 2851lbs is a lot of weight for 275's. considering the C5 mafia is on 315s or 335's with only a few hundred more pounds, and the turbo or V8 miatas are on the same 275's and a few hundred pounds less.

I like the boost bleed idea though. tune for a flat power curve. 350HP at every RPM. DAGUM. the rally cars do this dont they?

What are you talking about? I held the VIR TTA record for a year on 245s. The biggest any of us go is 275s.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

• drivinhardz06

• trigger

personally I would just LSX the RX8. same power from an LS6 and flat TQ. and you can do all your sessions, vice fiddling with a broken rotary in the pits.

also 2851lbs is a lot of weight for 275's. considering the C5 mafia is on 315s or 335's with only a few hundred more pounds, and the turbo or V8 miatas are on the same 275's and a few hundred pounds less.

I like the boost bleed idea though. tune for a flat power curve. 350HP at every RPM. DAGUM. the rally cars do this dont they?

What are you talking about? I held the VIR TTA record for a year on 245s. The biggest any of us go is 275s.

Bigger then most of them go . But most wins and track records are on 275, 255 and 245s - but not all.

I like the 10" tire stuff (275) but the 245's were a significant drop in grip and braking. I am pretty confident I could have run VIR last Oct faster on 275s.

I have NEVER competed on anything but 275s. I would love to run something bigger.

Lap record at Charlotte is on 275s. My NASCAR neighbors think I am crazy that I run such a skinny tire on a heavy car there.

What outsiders may not understand is that the 275 is a compromise choice, leading to (usually) the fastest setup, under a given set of rules. It is not the ideal choice (usually).

Without giving away too many secrets. What is the ideal setup c5 Z06 for TT3

We have yet to figure that out. The upper limits of the class has yet to be spent. There are a few that have thrown $10k at their TTA/PTA cars and are still in development.

If it is unmodified and you are looking for a track car, you should immediately sell the stock car and buy someone's used track car with a good known history.

You will be "buying twice" once you are done modifying your existing car.

Balance the car. Get to min Wt for your HP. Drive it till you are plateaued. Then suspension mods.

big wallet

You're not supposed to scare away the people dumb enough to build cars from scratch and bolster car counts

Greyman09 - I started with a clean street car and wouldn't do it any other way. Most used racecars need a bunch of re-work or upkeep to be right. I prefer to start with a blank canvas and do everything my way.

Ideal setup depends on if you want to keep the car streetable and if you have a truck/trailer or not. First steps would be to gut the car, add a good racing seat and harnesses and some Hoosiers. Adjust from there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Terry, I think your on to something with the C6 idea. Think gran sport. its the Z06 widebody that can stuff 345's under it, weights in at 3300lbs, and has the LS3, which puts 385ish at the wheels in stock trim. ~3500lbs/385whp = 9.09. add pimp suspension and stir around track. that would be a killer recipe.

I keep sending my wife Craigslist ads showing C6 coupes that are getting ridiculously cheap, but she won't hear it. "Women"...

_DSC1389-M.jpg

Instead we just keep throwing more tire and more downforce on the big red pig. Well, now it is the multi-colored pig.

TT3 for the '13 Nationals looks interesting: 12 entries so far with 3 corvettes, 2 Mustangs, an EVO, and 6 BMWs.

its hard to beat balanced weight on double wishbone suspension (vs struts), a slippery body, and fenders wide enough for 315/335 tires.

And anywhere from 5-10 idiots frantically developing them while sharing all (most) of the info.

And anywhere from 5-10 idiots frantically developing them while sharing all (most) of the info.

^ that

Edited by Guest

If you had a big budget, I think it would be pretty hard to beat a well developed GTR. The big hp classes are the sexy ones, and most guys just couldn't bring themselves to detune one that much, but done right, it would be hard to beat.