TT3 theorhetical, what would you build

trigger

If you had a big budget, I think it would be pretty hard to beat a well developed GTR. The big hp classes are the sexy ones, and most guys just couldn't bring themselves to detune one that much, but done right, it would be hard to beat.

With that kind of budget, I'm buying a seat in the Conti series.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

• drivinhardz06

• trigger

Build? Heck, buy a 2012/2013 Boss 302. Classed in TT3 stock!

It won't win, stock...

You must not be able to feel my sarcasm from up here.

Build? Heck, buy a 2012/2013 Boss 302. Classed in TT3 stock!

It won't win, stock...

You must not be able to feel my sarcasm from up here.

I feel you...

• 1 month later...
C6 Z06 with Z07 and a restrictor plate seems to be pretty good TT3 car.

I don't think most people realize the Z07 ran a 7:22 at the 'Ring stock (obviously with more power than TT3 levels) but on PS Cup tires (nothing as sticky as a 335 A6). That's within 3 secs of what the ZR1 ran at the ring (which on a track that long, is within the timing margin of error) with 130 less hp and not as tight of gearing. With 200 lbs less on the nose, it's actually a better track car IMHO (if a bit loose with the ZR1 set-up, with less nose weight).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1WUO3p1oQ

Really developing one would just be a freaking hoot.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
New to this, do you think a GT3 996 Porsche would have a chance in TT3?

As others noted, more $$ is required to fully develop a 996 GT3 compared to a C5Z but assuming equal level of prep it should come down to driver skill. C5Zs are commonly seen as the ringer cars for TT3 but that's cause most people (myself included ) can't stomach the costs to run a properly prepped P car. If you can then by all means go for it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • National Staff
So, question. Is ACR Viper considered to be stock aero? How about Porsche GT3RS? Same thing?

If it is not the street-legal version of the vehicle, then it is not considered OEM Aero for TT3.

Ok - so both of those are street legal production cars, but they do come with full aero - splitter, wing, etc. Sounds like they'd be TT3 legal without the aero modifier, right?

• National Staff

“OEM” is defined as any part that comes from the vehicle

manufacturer either as a standard feature, a factory option, or on a factory optional trim

model/package of that generation of the street-legal (in the U.S.A.) version of the vehicle.

If that is the case, then yes, the GT3 RS and Viper ACR would be TT3 legal with no aero modification. Sounds like you can get a stock 2011 GT3 RS in there pretty easily.

If that is the case, then yes, the GT3 RS and Viper ACR would be TT3 legal with no aero modification. Sounds like you can get a stock 2011 GT3 RS in there pretty easily.

And they will both need it to face choked down C6Zs with factory aero...

Hmmm. I've been wanting a Viper for awhile. It would also have to be choked down, but nothing in Corvette world comes anywhere near aero the Viper gets from the factory.

Interesting.