NorcalTT

Front Splitter Points question

NorcalTT

Would the following Bimmerworld MaxVelocity Splitter/undertray be assessed 3 points or would it need to take an additional 3 points for a total of 6 for the modifying the front air dam/fascia?

http://store.bimmerworld.com/maxvelocity-e36-m3-evo-ii-track-splitter-p836.aspx

Alternatively, if you have a splitter/undertray and you lower it with a spacer between it and the bumper, how many points does that take? I am assuming it would fall under modifying the front fascia and would therefore take 3 points?

dew-e

As always, email Greg and your local TT coordinator to get the official answer for your region.

G.1: +3 modifying front facia, the 3.25" riser changes the air damn. I think you would only take the splitter points if you bolted a splitter straight to the bumper cover with no air damn or riser. "No material or part may extend the

vertical reach of the BTM front fascia without taking fascia modification points above."

G.2: +3 adding a splitter

g.4- +2, I think the sides fall into the not parallel with the ground rule. Even though they are probably not very effective as canards, you could argue those are small canards as the part that extends from the side is not perfectly flat. "If any portion of

this part that protrudes from the side of vehicle is not parallel to the ground, then additional

points must be assessed for canards in G.4) below."

kbrew8991

I see an airdam and splitter assuming you take a sawzall to the little kickup parts towards the back of it.

NorcalTT

Thanks guys. I think either way, it will cost additional points over the +3 for a splitter. I didn't even think about the canard part, so thanks for that. It's a bit expensive anyways for what it is, so I think I'll just stick with my plywood.

kbrew8991

homebuilt stuff seems to be the way to go for alot of cars if you want to build purely a splittler, or purely an airdam. Seems like alot of off-the-shelf stuff is like what you posted that at the very best is both parts, and may contain canards in the worst cases.

Greg G.

Air dam, splitter, and canards for that piece.

If any portion of this part that protrudes from the side of vehicle is not parallel to the ground, then additional

points must be assessed for canards in G.4) below.