aaronsti

njmp lightning driving advice

aaronsti

I've been thinking about lightning lately. and i'm not sure I really need to brake for turn 2 and or the lightbulb. do you tend to brake in these places. I almost feel as if I can just enter them hot and scrub the speed by the time I need to turn in for 3/ before I run out of room in the bowl. I would like to try it but trying it is kind of scary and possibly not smart. what do you think? as far as car set up, its an 06 sti, hankook rs3 tires, upgraded springs and struts, 300whp, upgraded brakes, relatively neutral handling but eers on the understeery side.

Bnjmn

trailbrake through 2,

brake for the bulb, but just enough, realizing that the car will scrub a ton of speed as soon as you turn.

Take baby steps since doing either of these too much leads to unstable situations.

bmwjoon

Depends on the car. I just lift through 2 and brush the brake after turn in on the lightbulb. Worth a try, but you have to build up to it. Going off fast outside 2 is not good. The lightbulb sort of seems like if you go in too fast there's room to come back down but there is so much junk on the outside lane in the middle of the turn the grip is pretty low.