Entry List

Will F.

Thanks for posting the list. Whats the easiest way to get my car number changed to #8? Its been that way since I last attended Nationals a few years ago and had to change from #6? I'm in CMC.

Thanks.

Dave Thede

Team Incidental Contact

NASA Rocky Mountain CMC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Damn, only 2 entries for HC1.

Yeah. No national championship race for HC1 this year...need a minimum 4 entries. And only 9 HC2 cars for the championship race.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to access the entry list and got the following:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\team-nasa.com\httpdocs\Champ_EntryListReport.php on line 101

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\team-nasa.com\httpdocs\Champ_EntryListReport.php on line 101

Looks like they deleted the folder, maybe they don't want all of us to see how many people have canceled in the last few days.

It was broken for a couple of days for me too, but it works now. Try a ctrl+F5 in your browser to force refresh the page, and I bet it'll work for you too.

Damn, only 2 entries for HC1.

Yeah. No national championship race for HC1 this year...need a minimum 4 entries. And only 9 HC2 cars for the championship race.

Actually, I hear H2 now has WAAAY less entries for the championship

And only 9 HC2 cars for the championship race.

Actually, I hear H2 now has WAAAY less entries for the championship

mrbill.png

Looks like they deleted the folder, maybe they don't want all of us to see how many people have canceled in the last few days.

It looks like a bunch. I see only 14 in AI, and to think we had 10 last week at Mid Ohio regional. Hmmm. Looks like a regional event except for a few classes. That's too bad.

Even with the support from Honda people aren't going to run HC? Wow! And the whole point of Nationals being way out there is to make it easier for those west coast classes like that to be well populated. Guess it didn't work this year

Even with the support from Honda people aren't going to run HC? Wow! And the whole point of Nationals being way out there is to make it easier for those west coast classes like that to be well populated. Guess it didn't work this year

sad_panda.jpg

The powers that be need to pick a track somewhere with equal travel from coast to coast.The #'s would probably double.

Or fall off completely. We had more West Coast HC people last year at Mid-O than TOTAL HC people this year at MMP.

Or fall off completely. We had more West Coast HC people last year at Mid-O than TOTAL HC people this year at MMP.

Since MMP is closer than MO where's the west coast people at?

The powers that be need to pick a track somewhere with equal travel from coast to coast.The #'s would probably double.

Agreed! I had to regretfully withdraw after figuring $4-5K in fuel alone to get out to miller from florida. Not to mention, hotels, gas, tires, entry, etc. I decided against a 10k weekend

Agreed! I had to regretfully withdraw after figuring $4-5K in fuel alone to get out to miller from florida. Not to mention, hotels, gas, tires, entry, etc. I decided against a 10k weekend

I agree. The price to attend is very high. I was expecting a lot of entries from the WC and if there were, I thought about going.

We currently have 8 entries for HC1 at Road Atlanta in 2 weeks with a possible 2-4 more entries expected. East Coast has a lot of HC drivers but none have thousands of dollars to drive across the country. It would cost me anywhere from $3-5K to attend.

I've mentioned COTA for 2014. What does everyone else think?

News Flash - Nationals is expensive. For everyone. And that's before you decide to be super serious and bring a set of stickers for each race.

Also I can wish for COTA in one hand and do something in the other... blah blah blah. It's an expensive facility and that's if you can even get on the calendar and good luck there. I would not be surprised if even though it's 3 hours from me that my total bill for Nationals would be similar to a Mid-O or Miller trip. I spent over $1k just in membership ($85ish), licensing (just under $100), and entry fee ($850+) to run a 2 race event there with another group (S.club) this past March for reference. I'm sure NASA could run a kickass event there (probably the best amateur event there), but, the track has to work with us.

That said it'd actually be a neat track for Nationals due to the variety. Some fast corners where you need cajones and skill, some slow corners where you need a well set up car and percision, one big straight to get some drafting going on, but not so much straight around the whole lap that a momentumn car will get killed if it's classed with cars that make speed differently. Plenty of places and track width to make passes and race side by side. And lots of easy on the car runoff if/when you make a mistake.

Edited by Guest

We are a 7 hour drive away from MidO and I concur that Nationals gets expensive regardless (and we only went with 1 set of stickered hoosier tires for the actual race last year and not for any of the qualify races that were older hoosiers in our case)

This is not a cheap sport/hobby we have chosen sad to say but it's worth it, right guys?

I will, however, tell you that the additional fuel and hotel costs just to get to/from Miller adds about $800 to the tally in our case (might actually be more not knowing the mpg in the mountain pass and how the cost of diesel fuel has gone up) From our perspective, that difference is HUGE and enough to make us think twice about the prospect of Nationals with so much more travel expense involved (also 4 very long days vs 2 shorter days of just travel time involved) Then the there is the cost of the actual hotel by the track being more than what we paid by MidOhio

• Roman V. unpinned this topic