Dyno Reclass Points Clarification

SoCalTT

If my car has a dyno reclass. Can I create vents in the hood with out addition performance points. Can I block the air from entering the rear of the hood at the cowl with out additional performance points.

SoCalTT

Edited by Guest

If my car has a dyno reclass. Can I create vents in the hood with out addition performance points. Can I block the air from exiting the rear of the hood at the cowl with out additional performance points.

SoCalTT

When you receive a dyno reclass, you do not take points for anything in TTB-TTF classification forms sections B or C.

Side note: Air does not exit through the cowl of the hood when at speed.

Mark

4) Modification of the BTM air intake/box, air filter location, air piping to the turbo/

supercharger/intercooler/throttle body/carburetor, or hood/fascia/fender air inlet(s),

outlets, or vents +1 (air filter upgrade alone—0 pts.)

If you're on a reclass, then you can do just about anything in sections B and C so long as you stay over weight and under on the power level.

C4 is about the biggest baddest 1pt mod you could ever spend if you're not on a reclass, and if you are.... do it, duh!

4) Modification of the BTM air intake/box, air filter location, air piping to the turbo/

supercharger/intercooler/throttle body/carburetor, or hood/fascia/fender air inlet(s),

outlets, or vents +1 (air filter upgrade alone—0 pts.)

If you're on a reclass, then you can do just about anything in sections B and C so long as you stay over weight and under on the power level.

C4 is about the biggest baddest 1pt mod you could ever spend if you're not on a reclass, and if you are.... do it, duh!

If the fascia is modified to allow for cooler air to get to the intake (ie a hole with ducting separate from a brake duct) would you need to also take fascia modification points?

4) Modification of the BTM air intake/box, air filter location, air piping to the turbo/ supercharger/intercooler/throttle body/carburetor, or hood/fascia/fender air inlet(s),outlets, or vents +1 (air filter upgrade alone—0 pts.)

emphasis added.

I am not sure how much I as a competitor agree with the huge aero implications this rule contains (mostly because my car in BTM form manages this pretty well), but as a director it sure makes things fairly easy to enforce. Once you take the +1 then alot of those hood, fender, fascia vents (keyword: vent, not blockoffs, airdams, splitters, canards, etc) don't matter as they're free to ride along with the ricer cold air intake alot of people seem to run (myself included).

It would be nice if points mod G1 did mention that the inlets provided for in points mod C4 above it didn't trigger p.m. G1's +3 pts, but, its understood from prior history & enforcement and such anyway that the inlets in points mod C4 are exempt from points mod G1 just like the other free mods listed below it for brake ducts (free mod F3), or Free Mod C3, etc, etc.

I'll put it on my yearly clarifications / changes email draft (right below Item #1 - Bringing TTA back, which means it'll get ignored )

4) Modification of the BTM air intake/box, air filter location, air piping to the turbo/ supercharger/intercooler/throttle body/carburetor, or hood/fascia/fender air inlet(s),outlets, or vents +1 (air filter upgrade alone—0 pts.)

emphasis added.

I am not sure how much I as a competitor agree with the huge aero implications this rule contains (mostly because my car in BTM form manages this pretty well), but as a director it sure makes things fairly easy to enforce. Once you take the +1 then alot of those hood, fender, fascia vents (keyword: vent, not blockoffs, airdams, splitters, canards, etc) don't matter as they're free to ride along with the ricer cold air intake alot of people seem to run (myself included).

It would be nice if points mod G1 did mention that the inlets provided for in points mod C4 above it didn't trigger p.m. G1's +3 pts, but, its understood from prior history & enforcement and such anyway that the inlets in points mod C4 are exempt from points mod G1 just like the other free mods listed below it for brake ducts (free mod F3), or Free Mod C3, etc, etc.

I'll put it on my yearly clarifications / changes email draft (right below Item #1 - Bringing TTA back, which means it'll get ignored )

Thanks for the info Ken. That's good to know - not sure the extra duct does anything except make me think it's faster, but I guess why not.

If the fascia is modified to allow for cooler air to get to the intake (ie a hole with ducting separate from a brake duct) would you need to also take fascia modification points?

This seems to be addressed under rules items I.f.3 and I.h.14. Per my interpretation, if you are using the points method, then you would take +1 point for C.4. If you are on a dyno reclass, then there would be no further assessment, as you skip all items in section C (and as long as the modification does not reduce your adjusted weight/power ratio to below the minimum for your class).

Mark

This seems to be addressed under rules items I.f.3 and I.h.14. Per my interpretation, if you are using the points method, then you would take +1 point for C.4. If you are on a dyno reclass, then there would be no further assessment, as you skip all items in section C (and as long as the modification does not reduce your adjusted weight/power ratio to below the minimum for your class).

Mark

Thanks Mark - I think you and Ken are saying the same thing - I hope. My interpretation is that if you are using the points method, and you have already taken the +1 for the intake/filter/etc you would NOT need to take an additional +1 for intake ducting thru the front fascia. Is that what you are saying?