Oil return lines routing

ELO168

Have a question for those that have aftermarket oil cooler.

Where do you route the lines from?

The bottom under the oilpan or up via the top engine?

Any pictures and why.

BTW is for a CRX

Thanks/Edmond

Don't have pics, but I have a sandwich adapter before the oil filter and I run them from there to a remote oil filter and then back to there. May or may not be ideal, but it was easy, and it works.

They go all the way around the engine. If you are standing in front of the car looking at it they come out of the adapter around the left side of the engine to the oil cooler mounted to the right of the (half sized) radiator (car is an EG hatch) then to the drivers side fender well where the remote oil filter is located, then back around the right side of the engine (again as you look at it from the front) and around the back of the engine and back to the sandwich adapter. Bought a kit from Mfactory with pre-made lines and if I hadn't used the length up that way I would have had to cut the lines and buy new ends for it.

Please note this is from memory and I haven't really looked closely at it in a while.

Ic, mine is a Crx and have full size radiator so need some thinking how to route the lines that way.

Don't really want to go under the oil pan, just in case if go off track.

Thanks/Edmond

• National Staff

Edmond,

You can route the lines along the frame rail on the either side of the engine. That is how it is done in my car and I have see it done on both sides of the crx. Getting in front of the radiator isn't a problem either because you just run the lines on the side of the radiator. There is enough room there to do it.

Good luck with the project!

Thanks Jeremy, will try that route.

Hopefully can get it done before AAA. Still have not done the air brake duct yet.

Any recommendations?

BTW

How did it go at Laguna, any videos?

Thanks/Edmond

Edmond,

You can route the lines along the frame rail on the either side of the engine. That is how it is done in my car and I have see it done on both sides of the crx. Getting in front of the radiator isn't a problem either because you just run the lines on the side of the radiator. There is enough room there to do it.

Good luck with the project!

• National Staff

I have some brake pads I can bring you at AAA that will make it so you don't need to worry about the ducting.

I used to have ducts on my H4 car though. I made a outlet that attached to the caliper and worked pretty well. This car just isn't the easiest thing to make things fit it!

Laguna for HC was a huge hit. Everyone had a great time and the racing was stellar. For me personally, it was a bust as my car didn't make it to the event because we had a problem on the dyno that side lined us for the weekend before it even began. Tis racing though.

Hi Jeremy

I have brand new pads and caliper installed already.

Cooked the brakes at BW last time, so decided to take precaution.

Don't really think would need it at AAA.

Sorry to hear your car did not make it to Laguna. Shoot for next year, I should be there too.

See you at AAA.

Thanks/Edmond