Cooper93

FORZA CHALLENGE SERIES PART III

Cooper93

Since we all know Elliott will be leaving us and going international, I will be taking over as director starting with the next series, thus having to start a new Forza thread. On to business.

The Forza Challenge Series will be an ongoing race series using Forza 4 on the Xbox 360. Each series will consist of a non-points shakedown event and eight races (9 weeks in total).

At the end of the each race, points will be given using the formula below:

10 for 1st place

8 for 2nd place

6 for 3rd place

5 for 4th place

4 for 5th place

3 for 6th place

2 for 7th place

1 for 8th place

CURRENT POINTS

1. Reaper -61

2. Cooper -54

3. Tut -54

4. "Lindy" -39

5. HeadSnapp -24

6. Hey Stack -17

After a champion has been crowned for a given series, a new format (cars, mods and PI) will be determined. The week following the final race of a series will be a shakedown event, where the drivers can test their new cars in a series of shorter non-points races to get a feel for setup, etc.

Races will be held each Monday night at 9:00pm EST. The event will start with a 10 minute practice session followed by a break of 5 minutes for tuning, bio, etc. Upon returning from the break, the race will be held. Race distance is to be determined by dividing the desired race time (30 minutes or longer) by the average practice lap times. There will be ONE MANDATORY pit stop during the race. Pit window will be determined by the Race Director. You may pit outside of the pit window if necessary, but it will NOT count as your mandatory stop. U

Tracks are to be determined by the drivers. Before the shakedown event, each driver in the series will pick one track. Each track will be driven in the order in which they were selected in this thread. When selecting a track, the driver has the option of selecting any variant (reverse, club, etc) of the track available. If no variant is specified, it will be assumed to be standard race direction of the full course.

The next series in our long standing Forza Challenge Series will be a "Premium Luxury Sedan" series. You will pick from the following cars:

2010 Jaguar XFR

2009 Holden HSV w427

2010 Mercedes C63 AMG

2009 Lexus IS-F

2009 Cadillac CTS-V

2010 Mercedes E63 AMG

2010 Aston Martin Rapide

2012 BMW M5

PI cap will be set at _635_.

Allowed modifications and restrictions:

Engine and Power

All modifications under this category are allowed

Platform and Handling

Drivetrain

Tires and Rims

The following modification shall be made to all cars:

1. Race Tire Compound

2. Any wheel combination and size is allowed

Aero and Appearance

Conversion

No modifications under this category shall be made to any car

[/color]

Previous Series Champions

GTS: KingTut333

CMC: xBDx Reaper

Honda Challenge: xBDx Reaper

944Spec: Bens98gt

STi vs Evo: xBDx Reaper

Spec Miata: Bens98gt

PT: xBDx Reaper

Porsche Cup: xBDx Reaper

Vintage: Bens98gt

October Enduro: MR_E

SpecRX: Bens98gt

Supercar Shootout: KingTut333

Super2000 Touring Cars: Seat Sport (KingTut333, RandomHandle, APIIndy)

RWD Coupes: BMW Motorsport (KingTut333, SubaruCooper93, APIndy, J4Tuned)

B-Spec: KingTut333

SE30: ReaperX

Current Series Track List

Spread the word, guys. I'd love to see a full lobby!

Edited by Guest

MR_E

I will be in Orlando on business next Monday so I won't make it to the shakedown, but I will be present for the first two races of the series. I am happy that the series will be continuing under the direction of Cooper. I feel confident that he will be most capable as race director.

On an unrelated note, I just now realized that the series rules don't contain any mention of the mandatory pit stop. I don't know why I never added that, but it's certainly something that needs to be part of the rules.

Cooper93

On an unrelated note, I just now realized that the series rules don't contain any mention of the mandatory pit stop. I don't know why I never added that, but it's certainly something that needs to be part of the rules.

Fixed.

King Tut

I will hope to race the Honda Fit. I have always liked it.

Apiindy

You can count on me racing. I think I have my Internet issues figured out too so you guys should not see me hopping around with no more choppy audio.

Tut: since you are picking the Fit, does this mean I should too so I can copy your tune? I think I am understanding the tuning setup for Forza better and I am hoping to do more of my own tuning. I need to work on the sways and shocks next. I feel I have the caster and camber down.

When do we get to pick tracks? My vote will always be Road America as I love that track. I know it is a high HP track but these small cars may make it interesting. Long staights will give me snack breaks during the race.

Cooper93
You can count on me racing. I think I have my Internet issues figured out too so you guys should not see me hopping around with no more choppy audio.

Tut: since you are picking the Fit, does this mean I should too so I can copy your tune? I think I am understanding the tuning setup for Forza better and I am hoping to do more of my own tuning. I need to work on the sways and shocks next. I feel I have the caster and camber down.

When do we get to pick tracks? My vote will always be Road America as I love that track. I know it is a high HP track but these small cars may make it interesting. Long staights will give me snack breaks during the race.

We need to start picking tracks now. I'll place Road 'Murica first on the list since it was the first one "chosen"

MR_E

Since I'll only be here for two races of this series, I wanted to make sure and get my pick in early. I choose Camino Viejo de Montserrat Full Circuit Reverse Sunset.

Cooper93
Since I'll only be here for two races of this series, I wanted to make sure and get my pick in early. I choose Camino Viejo de Montserrat Full Circuit Reverse Sunset.

I hate you.....

ReaperX

You gonna hateme too, maple valley short reverse

Cooper93
You gonna hateme too, maple valley short reverse

UGH.....

audiobuffru12

road atlanta and indy

Cooper93
road atlanta and indy

If you raced with us on Monday nights, I'd allow a track selection from you. Maybe you should join us?

King Tut

Laguna Seca.

Dust Bunny Unit

No rollcage required?

Cooper93
No rollcage required?

Read the OP.

King Tut
No rollcage required?

Knowing you and Ben. I would definitely recommend one.

King Tut

I only got time to further test one car, so I am going with the Toyota Yaris.

MR_E

Points after race #1:

1. KingTut333 10

2. xBDx Reaper 8

3. MR_E 6

3. APIndy 5

King Tut

Can I change my track choice to Sebring?

Cooper93
Can I change my track choice to Sebring?

I can add Sebring since all eight weeks aren't filled yet.

King Tut

Adding Sebring is fine with me. I also want to apologize to Shaun if he is upset with my driving tonight. I know he left the lobby really quickly and didn't accept my party invite to discuss it.

Cooper93
Adding Sebring is fine with me. I also want to apologize to Shaun if he is upset with my driving tonight. I know he left the lobby really quickly and didn't accept my party invite to discuss it.

As I was flipping through the wonderful Forza fast forward option, I was able to stumble upon another incident between you guys early on in the race. The result of the contact wasn't as severe as the late incident.

I watched the replay of the second incident several times, and from several angles. I also got input from an unbiased third party on the situation. There will be no penalties assessed for tonight's race. I won't get into details here, but if either of you want to PM/text/call me to discuss the details, I'll be more than happy to.

BLU CIVIC

are we allowed to make changes to the car or does it have to remain the same through the whole series?

ReaperX

^ You can change your setup as long is it fits in the rules. You just can't change cars .

Chris, no worries. Yes I was frustrated with the race last night, but not to the point of getting mad about it. I want you to know I did not intend to make contact, nor to spin you. You know that I usually give the spot back, but I just wasn't going to budge last night for w/e reason. I know the contact between us earlier was unintentional on your part. I knew it would only be a matter of time before we began knocking fenders more with how close our races usually are. It seems to be the case more so with the lower pi cars than the higher pi ones.

I am over it and look forward to next week.

BLU CIVIC

Did a few laps. Every time I went too wide ended up in the pits. This may be kinda difficult. Think i need to practice this time.