Cooper93

FORZA CHALLENGE SERIES PART III

Cooper93

Last night I DIDN'T FLIP MY CAR!!! Unfortunately, Lindy did....again. OP has been updated. Next week is Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Cooper93

"Lindy" finally got to see the checkered flag last night. I've been battling my allergies so it was a close race between the two of us for most of the race. We swapped positions several times. Thanks for a clean race! Next week is Road 'MURICA!!

King Tut

I am done racing this series. I can't stand spending the time to practice to not get to race. I can't stand that we have left others behind in the past that wanted to race and didn't get to race because people refuse to have their networks setup properly. I had a Moderate NAT setting tonight because I cared enough about this series to bring my Xbox with me to my sister's house in Minot, ND. She didn't know the username and password to her router, so I couldn't fix the settings to get an Open NAT setting. Someone had a Strict NAT setting tonight which is why I couldn't race tonight, despite not missing a race in many months. Here is an explanation of how online connectivity works with NAT settings:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200148936-Understanding-how-NAT-types-affect-online-connectivity

The only difference is that Forza doesn't boot the Strict NAT setting person out of the lobby. I will be moving on to Forza 5 when it comes out later this month, and it sounds like nobody else will, so I will just end my participation now and go back to watching MNF.

Cooper93

Well I don't really know what to say other than you've been able to race with us every week until now. Everyone's settings haven't been a problem for a very long time. Hate to see you go, but I won't beg you to stay.

MR_E

I think I mentioned this at some point, but it bears repeating. If anyone wants to do the occasional race on Friday night (Saturday morning for me), let me know. I know that's not the most convenient time for a lot of reasons, but it's the only time our schedules would allow us to race. I'm guessing it wouldn't happen more than once a month, if that, but it would be nice if it could happen. Perhaps make it an endurance series? Two hours+ may be a bit overkill, but certainly something longer than the weekly 30 minute races. Let me know if you're interested.

Also, I have yet to decide on my next gen platform, so I have no idea which game I will be playing going forward. I would guess that playstation will be the platform of choice around here, but that doesn't mean I have to buy one.

King Tut
Well I don't really know what to say other than you've been able to race with us every week until now. Everyone's settings haven't been a problem for a very long time. Hate to see you go, but I won't beg you to stay.

Cooper you are lying to yourself if you believe that. Multiple times this year people have not been able to race due to NAT conflicts. Indy has missed a couple races along with some of the new guys. I know who had the NAT conflict issue with me on Monday as he got in the lobby before I did. Nobody seems to care that people are not getting to race other than myself and Indy who has taken the measures required to get his NAT set to Open. I have harped on this each time and yet nothing has changed.

On another note I read today that Forza 5 will only be launching with 14 tracks and 200 cars. I am a little upset about that and my racing club is probably going to be continuing with Forza 4 for awhile in the wake of that news.

Apiindy

Is anyone racing tonight?

Cooper93

Congratulations to Reaper for winning this series. He won it in typical SE30 style!

Cooper93

Well, due to my new job conflict, I will be turning things over to ReaperX, who graciously accepted responsibility. I hope this series will continue even with the dwindling numbers. Hopefully we can recruit more people in the future. I'll try to get on and race when I can. Good luck, guys!

ReaperX

I hate that I have to do this on my first night taking over. I am stuck at work and it doesn't look like I will be leaving anytime soon. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up.

Apiindy

It only took 4 months but I finally found the issue that was causing the lagging and broken audio. I can finally connect and clearly here. I am ready for the next race series. It was my ISP's settings that caused the issue and we finally found the issue tonight.

Thank you everyone for putting up with my crappy connection.

Cooper93

Shaun, I can host next Monday night if I need to. Let me know

Cooper93

Soooooooo is this series dead now?

Apiindy

I was online waiting to play last night. I have cars built and everything. Looking forward to the new series now that I have my connection up to par again.

ReaperX

I will be on this coming Monday. Work has not been kind the last two weeks. I apologize.

Apiindy

Is there going to be a start to this series? Headsnap and I ran some more practice laps on Monday night. I think I have a car setup for this. If we still need tracks for this series, I would say Nurburgring GP, Road America, Lemans full???, and maybe add an oval for something fun and different?

Just as I am pushing to get this going, I maybe offline Monday as my wife is due on Saturday and I maybe busy with a new baby Monday night but I am hoping to intro the new one to racing as soon as possible.

ReaperX

Good luck with that!

I wont be on Monday, I have to work late. I apologize.