HPDE 2 Instructor Question

wera44

I did a search but I'm not that computer savy so I could have missed it. I signed up for HPDE 2 at Road Atlanta in a few weeks and would like an instructor for a few sessions on Saturday or Sunday to observe my driving. Should I have noted that on my registration when I signed up or do I request one at the track?

Thanks

I did a search but I'm not that computer savy so I could have missed it. I signed up for HPDE 2 at Road Atlanta in a few weeks and would like an instructor for a few sessions on Saturday or Sunday to observe my driving. Should I have noted that on my registration when I signed up or do I request one at the track?

Thanks

Send an email to Julie Pantas, [email protected]. She should be able to help.

Thanks

Send an email to Julie Pantas, [email protected]. She should be able to help.

Thanks just sent one.

If Julie tells you they don't have enough instructors have her send me an email.

I don't have a car for Road Atl but I'm willing to come out to instruct.

James Anderson

If Julie tells you they don't have enough instructors have her send me an email.

I don't have a car for Road Atl but I'm willing to come out to instruct.

James Anderson

Thanks, will do.

If I was new to a track and I didn't want to waste a lot of time trying to figure it out myself, I’d sign up for DE1. Although that is one of the many skills worth learning, there's no shame in signing up for DE1. You run in the same group, pay the same entry fee, why not have the “free” instruction? You can always be signed off, especially if you're normally in DE2.

there's no shame in signing up for DE1. You run in the same group

That is region and/or event-dependent. To be clear, I'm not referring to the shame

You run in the same group, pay the same entry fee, why not have the “free” instruction? You can always be signed off, especially if you're normally in DE2.
In the Southeast, we sometimes combine run groups but not usually. The schedule will be put out in advance of the event so you can see how many groups will be combined. If things go awry during the event, then sometimes groups are combined ad hoc so people don't totally lose out on a season.

Sorry about that. In the GL/MW, they combine 1/2 & 3/4. I wonder where all of our track time is going or where you guys find the extra time?

Sorry about that. In the GL/MW, they combine 1/2 & 3/4. I wonder where all of our track time is going or where you guys find the extra time?
The sun shines brighter & longer in the Southeast.

I've wondered how other regions schedule track time.....I have to say Mid Atlantic couldn't do any better of a job IMO. HPDE 1,2,3,4 all have their own groups (usually 35-40 cars in each group) and each group gets (3) 30 min session sat and (3) more 30 min sessions sunday. Squeezed in between them are the 2-3 race groups running practice/qualify/race session. They also squeeze the TT groups in there and a lunch-time Hyperdrive as well. Track is usually open at 8:30 and runs til about 5:30. Only cold for lunch for the officials (don't think I could work as hard as they do!!!)

BTW: Both HPDE 1 and 2 are automatically assigned instructors for every driver.

If I was new to a track and I didn't want to waste a lot of time trying to figure it out myself, I’d sign up for DE1. Although that is one of the many skills worth learning, there's no shame in signing up for DE1. You run in the same group, pay the same entry fee, why not have the “free” instruction? You can always be signed off, especially if you're normally in DE2.

Agreed, I have been to Road A 20+ times racing with WERA so I know the track pretty well I was more looking for driving advice. Got assigned a really good instructor and had a blast again. Im looking forward to moving my way up to TT and maybe spec e30 one day.