Sign in to follow this  
Rick Brooklyn

Hello from a new member

Rick Brooklyn

Hi everyone, new member here. I've just signed up for HPDE1 at NJMP August 3/4, that'll be the very first experience for me. Just bought a couple of bottles of Castrol SFR and upgraded brake pads, other than that I'll be on a fully stock car, with leather seats and all sorts of civilian gear

I look forward to meet many of you in person.

double3s

Welcome and I'm sure you'll have a great time. Will this be your first track event or have you done some before?

Rick Brooklyn
Welcome and I'm sure you'll have a great time. Will this be your first track event or have you done some before?

First event!

double3s

Fluid and pads are perfect for a first time. To be honest they will be good for the first several times. I'm going to assume you've never been to a track day even to watch but if you have please ignore the rest of this post.

Make certain to bring sunscreen, plenty of water/gatorade/non-caffeinated beverage, a chair, and anything else you'd want for between sessions. Millville is nearby and I'd recommend fueling up in town as track gas is very expensive. You'll be on your own for lunch so be prepared to either eat at the track or head into town. The food at the club house is OK. When you get to the track there will be a flag that says HPDE 1. Paddock there, unload you stuff, sign in, and then get your car inspected. Above all else have fun.