Now that the 2013 Championships are over..

jmeris

^ I suspect many could not afford to go to Nationals this year. Some people are better at getting sponsored which seems to be the way to go since a friend of ours found a sponsor so good for him! We actually had a hotel reserved ready to go right after Nationals last year BUT getting laid off in January did not help make it possible for us this year. Unless our financial situation changes for next year, doesn't look to be feasible for us next year either. (and we attended in both 2011 and 2012 too)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• CWeber

• Cobra4B

• circuitmstr

That's some gall to tell people with more meager budgets, or had life happen, or whatever else that they don't matter to NASA and don't matter to the Championships.

That's some gall to tell people with more meager budgets, or had life happen, or whatever else that they don't matter to NASA and don't matter to the Championships.

I guess it is, but is it any different than other businesses work. What business values the input of those that don't use thier product over those that do? Life gets in the way for all us from time to time, my real point is the forums are a poor representative of the entire customer base, like most social networks it tends to be a voice of the vocal minority at times and no matter what NASA chooses there will be complaints from a few. Lets go race.

I think it's funny that most of you dismiss Road Atlanta because its a horsepower track.

My "high hp" Corvette reaches the same top speed at Mid-Ohio as it does at Road Atlanta.

I think you're all skeered.

street course

I take back my comment about RAtl being a car killer well, almost anyway

I'd do RAtl for sure, just not what *I'd* pick were I in charge

I think it's funny that most of you dismiss Road Atlanta because its a horsepower track.

My "high hp" Corvette reaches the same top speed at Mid-Ohio as it does at Road Atlanta.

I think you're all skeered.

a. if perception is correct that road Atlanta is an hp track and mid ohio a handling/technical track, why should the driver/car combination that handles hp better and high speed cornering better be handicapped every championships??? that doesn't seem fair.

b. I can back up perk's comments. my mustang top speed at road Atlanta is just about the same as at mid ohio. that speed btw, is about the same at two locations at vir and at Watkins glen. I think road America might have a faster spot.

c. the overall impressive some can give is that road Atlanta is easy compared to mid ohio. I think that can be a very dangerous pov.

Top speed comparisons are all well and good, but you should probably compare time spent in twisty sections to time spent at wot banging gears if you want to make a great case for handling track vs horsepower track.

Also - uhh, Miller is a high speed cornering track and definitely rewards hp. If you'd ever go, you'd know that

RAtl isn't an easy track for sure though, lots of tricky blind corners. Could be fun as part of a rotation among tracks with maybe a bit different balance to provide some variety. The proximity of walls + people really going for a championship and possibly writing off cars does pose a concern. Even if you're not the one wrecking, a long FCY for cleanup would suck to have at any point during a champ race.

my mustang top speed at road Atlanta is just about the same as at mid ohio. that speed btw, is about the same at two locations at vir and at Watkins glen. I think road America might have a faster spot.

top speed on the longest straight and the % of the lap spent at WOT are very different things. RA's throttle "on time" for a % of the lap is much higher than MO

The choice is obvious: the World Famous Sonoma Raceway!

Best of all, newcomers can learn the track in a couple of sessions, so there is no local advantage!

(wanders away again, whistling innocently)

maybe the delay means they're working on something special - new track, or a longer term deal, or some yearly rotation type schedule, or...??

maybe the delay means they're working on something special - new track

Spa

I won't settle for anything less than the Nordshliefe if I'm travelling that far, sorry.

everyone just go ahead and get in line to hire Mark to drive your car if RAtl is the selection

Quiet Ken, you're hurting the cause....

Besides, GA Peaches are definitely a bucket-list item!