Now that the 2013 Championships are over..

jmeris

I think the more relevant issue is how far it is from most racers. I guess we could say LA or something. It would be interesting to see the geographical center of the NASA community. Any one seen that or have acess to all racers city and state or zip code, not that actual address. Think it is pretty easy map to calculate.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• CWeber

• Cobra4B

• circuitmstr

I think the more relevant issue is how far it is from most racers. I guess we could say LA or something. It would be interesting to see the geographical center of the NASA community. Any one seen that or have access to all racers city and state or zip code, not that actual address. Think it is pretty easy map to calculate.

With 7 regions East of the Mississippi, and the other 11 regions west of that, it's fairly obvious that the center's going to be east of the Mississippi. So an east coast track would more than likely be more "attended" than a west coast.

http://www.mapofusa.net/us-population-map.gif

Guess where the population is? A few pockets in California; but really, it's no contest. East of the Mississippi is where the population is. That is not a direct relationship with racers; but it can't be too far off.....

People that want to win will go wherever it is. The rest will go if convenient. Making is convenient for more people would suggest somewhere east of the Mississippi. Or make it a "Must goto track", like COTA, Daytona, Indianapolis F1 track, etc. that will get people off the fence.

People that want to win will go wherever it is. The rest will go if convenient. Making is convenient for more people would suggest somewhere east of the Mississippi. Or make it a "Must goto track", like COTA, Daytona, Indianapolis F1 track, etc. that will get people off the fence.

I find it funny that 2 of those tracks are rovals and COTA was only recently opened.

PS - I have nothing against rovals. I LOVED Phoenix International Raceway when we ran it. It was a 100% pucker-up-and-go-flat-out in a slow car like mine.

Daytona would be horrible for PT/TT. Lower hp cars like mine would have no hope at all.

And Daytona is only 45 minutes from me.

Guess where the population is? A few pockets in California; but really, it's no contest. East of the Mississippi is where the population is. That is not a direct relationship with racers; but it can't be too far off.....

I always wondered why Indy wasn't a popular consideration...

I always wondered why Indy wasn't a popular consideration...

again, that is a track that is heavily biased towards high hp cars. Would suck for the cars that are running lowhp/low weight configuration. No chance for me

• Members

That's right everybody. We're making the announcement the week of SEMA this year. Although it's always previously been announced in September, plans for '14 have taken a little longer than previous years. So hang tight, we're working very hard to give you all the best event possible!

Thanks guys!

• Members

No, we do not have a booth at SEMA. Ryan, Jeremy, and myself will be attendance for most of the week though. We will have a booth at PRI in December.

• Members

Also, FWIW, the announcement will be pushed out electronically mainly through our website, email blasts and social media. It's not like there's going to be a big presentation at a SEMA booth. We don't charge you guys enough to put on a presentation like that! Mainly a coincidence that our timeline falls into place with the week of SEMA.

Thanks!

How about a hint Will? just to keep us bantering

..lol because it is only a few weeks away at this point... patience grasshopper!

or it's going to be so far west they wanted to have an east coast nats?

ah ha - it was a typo, will just a 3 day event late Aug at RAtl