FS: 1986 Porsche 944 sp1

bnewport

I'm selling my 944 sp1 car. I moved to the NY/NJ area and just don't have time to track it. Car has NASA and SCCA log books, last used on a track in 2009. Car is a 1986 car, no rust or anything. Car comes with window nets, head side nets (2 of). Data logger and dash. Transponder included. New hawk brake pads. Car was built for me by Tim Comeau in California. 3 nozzle fire system, oversized fire cylinder. Car was enjoyed in the mid-west by myself, used at Road America, MAM and Brainerd. Chrome moly tubing used in cage. Nomex shifter cover replaces original rubber shifter cover.

Car with new seat and belts should pass tech. If I kept the car then I'd just get second gear fixed and the crank sensor replaced (part supplied). The engine bay heat cracked the original cable where it's clipped close to the firewall.

Car runs fine, I turn it on for 15 minutes weekly. Runs and revs fine/smoothly. When I was using, car was basically bulletproof.

Known problems are: 2nd gear is hard to shift in to some times. Oil pan has a very small leak, never been a problem in practise. Fuel gauge is inaccurate (shows 3/4 when full). Never in a wreck/incident. Recaro pole position seat is expired, safety belts are expired. Rear hatch mechanism won't open.

Car comes with a featherlite 3100 trailer. One set of 15" wheels with Toyo 888s, never used + a

spare 888, another set of 15" wheels with nitto ht-01 tires + spare tire, never used. All wheels have steel valve stems.

Make me an offer.

• 1 month later...