Brakes?

arawski

Hey everyone, this year for me has been a learning year. There is a lot about the Z that ive learned from driving it. One of the things is these cars are brutal on brakes. Now i do have the brake cooling kit installed and i have not yet gotten brembos. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how to lighten up the wear on the the pads? (besides not using them )

I feel that a weight reduction would totally solve the problem with consumables but thats just me!

Let me know what you think!

at least 3-4 race weekends for the fronts and still have a little pad left for a margin for error , 6+ weekends for the rear using Brembos...at a track like Road Atlanta,

at least 3-4 race weekends for the fronts and still have a little pad left for a margin for error , 6+ weekends for the rear using Brembos...at a track like Road Atlanta,

wow!! looks like ill pick up a set soon!

very "rotor friendly"

Seriously I run Centric Premium Blank Rotors...and can run a long time...maybe 6 months or more...and that equals 5-6 race weekends. And the Carbotechs don't eat up wheels and paint.

I am not a hard braker...I am more smooth/squeeze/momentium guy. So my results my not compare to a hot-shiate young Bull who hammers the brakes. Also, 4 of the 6 races are at Road Atlanta which in not hard on brakes.

I love the RP2 pads are great...last forever...easy bite/release...easy on ABS...