TurboShortBus

Sebring Time Trial entry list for October 5-6, 2013

circuitmstr

still flying solo in D... what a lonely feeling!

TurboShortBus

TTU has been updated.

Mark

wpbcobra
TTU has been updated.

Mark

mark u running TTU did you throw a supercharge on it lol

TurboShortBus
mark u running TTU did you throw a supercharge on it lol

It's in TTU without proper forms being submitted, just like everybody else...

Mark

TurboShortBus

NOTE: The car numbers that I have listed here are unofficial and not guaranteed. Check directly with Jon Felton to confirm your car number.

Mark

getfast
Check directly with Jon Felton to confirm your car number.

Or even better, save us both some time and check the entry list posted on the website like everyone else

(Updated version with car numbers will be online by tomorrow night if not sooner.)

TurboShortBus
Check directly with Jon Felton to confirm your car number.

Or even better, save us both some time and check the entry list posted on the website tomorrow night

Or even better, I just fixed that for you.

Mark

32EVOIX

This is the last day to place your order for tires, for Sebring. If you need them let me know by the end of the day today either email me, Facebook, text, call etc. Toyo's, Hoosiers, Hankook, Michelin, you want them we got them, and will bring to the track to mount and balance for you.

TurboShortBus

TTU and TTC have been updated. *SOMEBODY* finally turned in his classification forms.

There are still 2 drivers in the red, but they should have their forms completed in the next 21.5 hours.

Mark

Mrsideways

Jason won't be there in TTE as they lost the motor in the Protege Last weekend and I have pretty serious doubts they got another rossini motor in this quickly. I don't think Jason will drive the Fit... I tried to sit in it and the steering wheel was hard against my chest so I'm fairly certain they'd need to cut the car open to get Jason out of it.

Czarny was on the fence about coming in E but said he didn't feel like getting harassed about his Mudflaps so I don't know if he signed up or not.

I Know Jason got offered the Celica to drive in TT, not sure if he'll do it or not. Should be fun.

TurboShortBus
Czarny was on the fence about coming in E but said he didn't feel like getting harassed about his Mudflaps so I don't know if he signed up or not.

Actually, his rear diffuser and side skirts. He has had nearly 4 months to make those changes. Rules is rules; you guys all know that.

Mark

Mrsideways

lol, Well the car I just bought I only got 2 options. Mudflaps and upgraded Stereo (came with a bigger navi screen). Guess I'll take points for the mudflaps if the automatic volvo ever goes on track.

TurboShortBus

FWIW, the mudflaps on Chris Wells' Miata were deemed a no-points modification back in April, so there's no reason to be concerned about them (as long as they are only mudflaps and not canard-shaped mudflaps).

Mark

BlkGt3
Wow. What a weak turnout so far. I hope we get some more. I was thinking this would be a big one.

Oh well, I will be going for Jon Millers D record

Good luck with that one.

Hey he has to dream. He put a smackdown on the old RA TTD record which leads to big ego, ie swelled head syndrome.

Peter

Seems the swelled head, Wine Country is having a sale on new helmets, has carried over to Sebring from RA Congratulations on the new TTD lap record.

Peter

King Tut

Congrats.

circuitmstr

Thanks guys! My helmet is getting a bit tighter, along with my undies

I actually surprised myself, wasnt sure I would get it, let alone put 1.6 sec on it. Car certainly wasnt as good as it was in Atlanta. I had to brake a bit earlier than I wanted to everywhere. More improvements to come.

Congrats to Ian as well with an impressive E lap!

Here is my in car:

Joshua

Amazing lap time! I really enjoyed watching your video, thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

circuitmstr

Thank you Josh! That's very nice of you!

BlkGt3

Ian's lap sort of. He forgot to turn on the camera in time.

Peter

circuitmstr

Just got around to getting a better look at my car to begin some upgrades, took the tires off and realized there is a damn flat spot to the cords on my right front! Surprised I didnt feel it but no wonder my braking potential was diminished and the brakes seemed even quicker to lock up. After destroying the first set of tires with a massive lockup I switched to these and can only think of one minor instance of very brief front lockup, I didnt think it was enough to even examine the tire... But those where the tires I set the record on sunday with. So i destroyed two right fronts over the weekend

Joshua

Your record is even more impressive now!

In my Miata, I notice that right front lockup occurs most often in the braking zone for turn 7. I think there is uneven deposition of rubber there that exacerbates the tendency for Miatas to lock the right front. There is more rubber on the outside of the turn, and pavement surfaces change in that area. Also, check the caliper for smooth, even action as I cook my piston seals and rubber slider bushings from time to time and that results in uneven braking.