2014: RR? RA1? Bueller?

ILIKETODRIVE

We should be on the RR starting next year. The ra1 is still the wet weather tire and you could run ra1 in the dry but expect to be off the pace of the guys that are on the RR.

We should be on the RR starting next year. The ra1 is still the wet weather tire and you could run ra1 in the dry but expect to be off the pace of the guys that are on the RR.

Do you know of or have access to an announcement from Toyo about a 225/45R15 and 235/40R17?

I do not, someone at the track last weekend said it should be out in the fourth quarter this year,???

I hope so! I'm still on the fence about diving into HC2 (semi-built B18B head install and aero and rear camber adjustment) or sticking with PTE next year. Right now I do HC2 when the PTE/TTE numbers don't justify my reg and get freebie hand-me-down RA1s to bring up the HC2 numbers in a given weekend. What's fun about that is I usually don't finish last and actually won 2 races so far doing that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Bump.

Jeremy any word that we can pass along to help people budget and plan what tires they buy going into the last race/month of the year?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well we just ordered all of the new 17" sizes, but that in no way acknowledges that NASA will approve them........

GREAT, when will we be able to see what sizes there are? (hopfully a 245 or 255-40-17)

Any idea time frame on taking orders or filling orders?

Brian you know you can still use my spare set of wheels/tires for Road Atlanta..... Unless you are going for the win then as you know they may have 1 or 2 too many heat cycles to be that fast. Just saying.

Well we just ordered all of the new 17" sizes, but that in no way acknowledges that NASA will approve them........

235/40R17

255/40R17

275/40R17

We are taking orders now. We already have a few orders. Call and place your order before they are all gone!

• National Staff

Hi guys/gals,

Sorry for the late response. It's been a crazy year thus far and I'm working feverishly to try and get you all an update asap.

Please stay tuned as it will be done shortly.

(from American Iron thread about 2014 tires)

I have it on good authority (Todd) to validate that there is a "good chance" that the Toyo RR "WILL" be one of the spec tires next year.

When announced, the RR and RA1 will both be allowed next year, as the RR is not a "rain" tire. The RA1 will fill that void and the racer will be allowed to use either at any time. RR in the wet... sure, if you're brave enough. RA1 in the dry... sure, if you don't have the funds yet for a set of RR's.

The implementation strategy hasn't been fully announced, but most likely the RR will be allowed after a few events into the season. Please be on the lookout for a press release from Jeremy C.

To my knowledge there is plenty of stock of 18's. 17's will be available in December, and there are NO 16's (not that anyone is running that wheel in AI).

A little birdie said early-mid December and I heard a rumor about a tire seller having the new sizes already but not being able to announce/sell yet.

• 1 month later...