2010 Camaro SS Prep

chad156

Currently driving HPDE but building my Camaro to ultimately be competitive in TT.

I have a few questions about points. Stock is TTB +7

Currently:

Wheels 19x10 with Hoosier R6 295/40 x 19 on all four corners, square. (+10 Points +2 for tire width I believe)

Aftermarket Intake (+1)

Looks like that alone pushes me to TTA, easy enough to drop the Intake back to stock to stay in TTB.

My real pressing question is the Camaro 1LE is not listed in any car class, are the GM 1LE parts put on a Camaro SS free? or do they still get assessed that same points as the aftermarket upgrade?

I'm looking to do suspensions upgrades. PFADT or Pedders would obviously move me to TTA. Wondering if the 1LE GM Track Pack & 1LE gearing will do the same.

Thanks for everyones time.

I don't think there is TTA going forward. TT3 will be hard for you to be competitive against more track orientated builds of C5's and evo's that are popular in that class.

I'm not sure how the 1LE parts get classed though. For the c5's, a popular free mod was using the 2004 z06 shocks (sachs).

Ah i guess they are changing the TT classes...will do more investigating

I realize TTA would almost be impossible, thats why I want to stay in a lower class.

Slapping 1LE parts on an SS is definitely going to be points how is that even close to meeting the definition of BTM for the car listing you're starting with? The 1LE is probably not listed because that 6XXhp beast would never be able to fall lower than TT3, and more likely TT1 or 2. (or am I misunderstanding which letters go to which Camaro? - at any rate for the parts to be free on the SS, it has to come on the car when you select no options).

TTA does not exist anymore, but let's just leave it at that versus picking on that wound (again).

Slapping 1LE parts on an SS is definitely going to be points how is that even close to meeting the definition of BTM for the car listing you're starting with? The 1LE is probably not listed because that 6XXhp beast would never be able to fall lower than TT3, and more likely TT1 or 2. (or am I misunderstanding which letters go to which Camaro? - at any rate for the parts to be free on the SS, it has to come on the car when you select no options).

TTA does not exist anymore, but let's just leave it at that versus picking on that wound (again).

You are thinking of the ZL1. That is the supercharged Camaro. The 1LE was the answer to the Boss 302 on the Camaro SS model with upgraded suspension, sways and endlinks. It also had different gearing in the rear over a regular SS.

And yes, TT3 is what i'm trying to avoid.

Ah ha, yeah. That'd make a difference.

Still stands though: The 1LE is an option package, thus the different parts that aren't base model Camaro SS parts are charged points (unless they're free mod parts like the diff gear you mentioned)

I year ya on wanting to avoid TT3 - can be spendy but it can be fast

Yeah the BTM part pretty much summed it up...its not the money, its trying to stay in a competitive class. I've been reading some of the banter about the new TT3-1 classes.....leave it at that.

Thanks for the info!

The BTM parts thing prevents you from having to pay through the nose to get a special edition car / one optioned just so / etc or chase down rare parts like some other clubs intend for you to do to be at the pointy-end. It does suck when you're on the other side of the coin though and have the special edition car and then have to take a ton of points for parts that are far from worth it.

In the end the line has to be drawn somewhere and you can't make everyone 100% happy - tough job for sure.

The BTM parts thing prevents you from having to pay through the nose to get a special edition car / one optioned just so / etc or chase down rare parts like some other clubs intend for you to do to be at the pointy-end. It does suck when you're on the other side of the coin though and have the special edition car and then have to take a ton of points for parts that are far from worth it.

In the end the line has to be drawn somewhere and you can't make everyone 100% happy - tough job for sure.

1LE is still worth the money...

It is tough crowd in TT3/2/1 to run with.

Perhaps add that to TTB in 2014

Perhaps add that to TTB in 2014

Get your car to min wt and use ballast to get balance...