expanding marques.

autodoctor911

If Mini is OK, what about Bentley, Rolls, or Lamborghini. How about a Bugatti?

I assume the new Mini is allowed due to it's ties with BMW, so Rolls would be included by the same standard.

Now, what about VAG's newer brands? Bentley, Lamborghini, and Bugatti. How is this any different than Mini?

I guess the main thing is that the Mini is a pretty popular, and affordable car to try and campaign, and it serves no major threat to a well prepared Porsche or BMW, being front wheel drive, but it isn't really a German marque.

If it isn't going to be German only though, why not include other European Makes, like Volvo, Saab, FIAT, Alfa, etc.

Weren't some of those involved in DTM? They only allowed sedans though, where as GTS has Sports cars right?

I guess the main thing is that the Mini is a pretty popular, and affordable car to try and campaign, and it serves no major threat to a well prepared Porsche or BMW, being front wheel drive, but it isn't really a German marque.

Hey! I'm gonna do my best to change that perception.

Dont forget the likes and not really successful Ford Mustangs and their limited private run in DTM, LOL ALthough I have always been a small fan of the Merkur X4ti which was built and assembled in Germany, also raced in DTM of course...

I see where you are going with this though, just because a german company owns a car comapny doesnt exactly mean it should race in GTS.

I think Mini became the exception when CCA included it in it's club racing program. I'm not so sure if that did not happen we would see Mini racing in GTS. If PCA starts letting Lambo's race then I guess you would have a valid arguement, but they don't do that.

But you are right, I'm all for letting other German marks drive in GTS.

how about a SMART CAR?

It's a Mercedes brand, The company's headquarters is in Germany, and it is made just across the French border in Hambach, France. I'm sure this was part of Germany to start out with a name like that.

I think a SMART would make a good GTS-1 or 2 car.