DISCUSSION CLOSED: Post all dyno data publicly

JSG1901

NOTE: There were two suggestions for this. I've listed both below.

Type

Proposal for a new rule

Existing rule section (if applicable)

Proposed change

Post the declared class, hp, tq and weight for all GTS competitors at a race weekend.

Reason

This information is currently visible on the GTS sticker, but rather than have people snooping around the paddock/grid, just post it.

Proposed new wording

---------------------------------------------------------------

Type

Proposal for a new rule

Existing rule section (if applicable)

No GTS Sheets maintained or available to view competitors classification sheets:

Proposed change

NASA should Maintain & Publish GTS Dyno Sheets via Google Documents (or similar) available to be use at impound for protests & classifications. Presently, there is NO self policing procedures in place to compare to trackside wieghts/scales.

There are drivers running in this class that leave the real "truly" classed GTS groups in the dust on the straightaways. This can only be achieved by a HP to Weight Ratio

Reason

There are drivers running in GTS classes that leave the real "truly" & properly classed corresponding GTS groups in the dust on the straightaways. This can only be achieved by a significant HP to Weight Ratio advantage.

This is already in place for the TT Classifications.

Proposed new wording

NASA regional GTS Directors (or designee) shall maintain & publish all current GTS Dyno Classification Sheets. All current GTS race cars and participants must have a current copy of their GTS Dyno Sheet available in their logbooks. NASA shall make all current GTS Classification Sheets available & viewable by all participants via the internet. GTS Directors (o rdesignee) shall maintain hard copies of said documents at all competitive track events to ensure proper GTS classifications, protests & rule compliance.

For, and I agree on needing to have some way to deal with fresh dyno sheets, it is no secret that our dyno in MA region varied rediculous amounts weekend to weekend(sometimes day to day), so a few of us got on the dyno every event.

For...

But it is tough as Donnie said, I dynoed almost every event this season, and it still was scary the change. Went from 213rwhp on friday dynoing for the weekend...after race on saturday, impound dyno (same dyno) said 206rwhp. Good for me it was lower, but what if it was 7rwhp on the opposite direction despite me not touching the car?

It would give us each an idea of the other racers declared HP. However, it will not fix the issue of an unreliable(thus useless) dyno at the track. (getting off topic though)

• Members

I don't think we need a "rule" for this, but am for the public posting of numbers.

I already started this for MidAtlantic, mainly so I would have easier access to the files at the track. Also, it should be known that right now, any competitor can goto the director and ask what someone else is running. They arent secret.

Prior to an event, I compile a spreadsheet of the current GTS registration list with the HP #s and min. weights. I could make a copy of that and tape it to my trailer or somewhere near registration next year.