Santa's Toy Run Questions

awegrzyn

I would like to come down to Road Atlanta from New Jersey for your 6-8 Dec races, but I can't find any info on the actual event.

The link to the Supplemental Regulations is dead: http://www.nasa-se.com/pdf/supps/2013Dec06.pdf

Please help, I need to know how many drivers for the Enduros. Can one driver do it as long as he takes a brake?

Do you guys or someone else have a test day on the 5th of December? Trying to find out if I can run all day long if I tow that far.

Lucid Moments

As far as I am aware you can have as many or as few drivers as you want. I don't believe there is anyway a single driver can place well in the enduro, but if you aren't worried about how you place then no worries.

mcmmotorsports
Separate please!!

I don't get it. Part of the intrigue and excitement of the Toy Run is 80+ cars on the track at one time. What is the difference between a regular Thunder race and a Toy Thunder race?

If I was still racing, I would opt out of the Toy Race if it wasn't combined.

Firebird Man
Separate please!!

I don't get it. Part of the intrigue and excitement of the Toy Run is 80+ cars on the track at one time. What is the difference between a regular Thunder race and a Toy Thunder race?

For me it's several reasons:

1- I want to race the guys I've been on track with all season, but I haven't been able to mix it up with them since we've all been in seperate points races all season. Like CMC and some of the FFR cars, as well as some AI, we're fairly equal but try and give space for points racing all season, now it's game on.

2- I've run combined practices and with some of the Lightning cars in Thunder, they just don't mix well, two completely different styles of getting around the track, and a lot of the Lightning cars are pack racers.

3- By December I've run a long season, for my last race of the year I just want to turn laps without having 80+ cars of every class that I don't know around me, but I know that's not everyone, some love it.

If it's combined I'll load up Saturday night, I've run the Toy race 4 times, I've not had fun in any of them. The number of cars that pull off after only 10 minutes is pretty high, so I'm not alone.

• Members

What we started last year with the Toy run is IFU-like antics. Grid positions are totally random and we'll go Full Course Yellow and send out the pace car randomly. I think we even did a standing restart last year...

• Members

I think we should start all underpowered, white e30's from the mid-south region a lap ahead of the field. That would be fun. Just sayin'...

• 2 weeks later...

For those racers that want to skip the Toy Race, Is there going to be a registration open for Saturday only?

And per the current schedule, it's on the only on-track action for racers on Sunday?

CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU

I didn't care for the Toy race last year at all !!!!! IT WASN'T NEAR AS FUN....... as the combined race with all the cars on track format.

Separate please!!

If you're coming you get a vote, but the last combined race had 110+ cars on track. So unsafe there was no real fun to be had. Perhaps the insurance people caught on...

Does nasa have a car limit? With CCA it's 25/mile or 64 cars.

So long as i'm on the track, i'm having fun. I don't care if i'm out there by myself or getting run over by Sonny sliding through 10a.
Huh? I plead innocence! Don't forget there are 2 black TR's out there. People always get the 2 of us confused. (This way, if there is an issue, he points at me & I point at him... ) But if you're referring to me losing my brakes into T10a last year at the STR event, again, I plead innocence -- I lost my brakes!
  • Members
blah blah blah I plead innocence! blah blah blah....blah blah blah, I plead innocence -- I lost !

If I had a nickel every time I heard that! I have a new mascot for these excuses!

notmeghost.jpg

I vote for a combined race (do we get a vote?! ). I love all the cars on the track together. I'm a fan of some mid race antics too...but a mid race standing restart on hot tires, an overheating engine and a small clutch was no fun...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if fuel will be available for purchase at the track? I'm specifically looking for 93oct.

I'm bringing a toter to the track so I do not have a support vehicle for the trip to the nearest gas station.

Always has been in the past. Don't know why this weekend would be any different. Worst case, you hook up with someone else making a gas run and get some jugs filled.

So long as i'm on the track, i'm having fun. I don't care if i'm out there by myself or getting run over by Sonny sliding through 10a.
Huh? I plead innocence! Don't forget there are 2 black TR's out there. People always get the 2 of us confused. (This way, if there is an issue, he points at me & I point at him... ) But if you're referring to me losing my brakes into T10a last year at the STR event, again, I plead innocence -- I lost my brakes!

Yes, I was referring to that time you "Lost your brakes" aka RAN OUT OF TALENT coming into 10a.

Yes, I was referring to that time you "Lost your brakes" aka RAN OUT OF TALENT coming into 10a.
Seriously, I lost my brakes that time.

The right rear outside brake pad had worn down past the backing plate by the end of the race bc the inside brake pad was sticking. When I hit the brakes going into 10a on that last lap, the outside piston went past the seal & came out causing all the brake fluid to piss out. There was NO brake pressure bc there was no hydraulic fluid left in the system. I tried my best to drive between the 2 BMW's but there just wasn't enough space nor time to react at +100mph. My GPS showed I was traveling @ 103mph when I contacted the rear of that BMW. Not sure what else I could have done. I've seriously played that part out in my head over a thousand times & still don't know what else I could have done. I really feel badly for having struck the BMW & causing all that damage to his car. But I think he saved my life. Had I not struck him, I'm sure I would have skipped across the kitty litter & straight into the concrete wall at the top of the hill. The TR's are so light, unless it's sideways in the kitty litter, the car can just skip right across it. (I've actually driven straight thru the kitty litter in 10a when I ran out of talent & braked too late into the turn while fighting for position & have seen other TR drivers do the same.)