Right side net install question

Jeremymoen

Ok, I can't seem to find info in the search. Maybe using wrong terms or something.

I have a new right side net that came with my car (Crow Enterprises brand). Was hoping to use it, but the strap that goes toward the dash is too short to attach to anything.

So, what's the best option here? I really would like to find a way to use this existing piece instead of spending $150 on that C6 version that people use, can't remember exactly what it's called.

I could install an aluminum bar that extends to the cage bar behind the dash. Or could use another strap secured to the dash cage bar - this is basically an industrial rigging strap sometimes used for overseas shipping etc..

I'm using a Hybrid restraint system, which is supposed to have better side impact protection. I know this does not change anything in regards to requirement of right side net, but I won't be relying solely on the net either.

Is it like this? http://cs-gear.com/images/WindowNet%20LAte%20Model.jpg

If so (honestly) sell it and buy this: Schroth Right Side Net

This might come across like I'm an A-Hole but...We're talking about safety, not style. This was the right side net that I had before I purchased my MOMO Daytona Evo halo seat. It is very large, very easy to install, and has a very obvious and easy-to-use yellow strap for quick-disconnecting.

Yeah that appears to be the same as I have.

One question about the one you linked there. Does it have the part tht goes from the quick release ring to the dash as well or is that a separate thing?

Yeah that appears to be the same as I have.

One question about the one you linked there. Does it have the part tht goes from the quick release ring to the dash as well or is that a separate thing?

It comes with the ratchet strap portion that can either be wrapped around a dash bar (like I did) or through a hoop-bolt that is attached to the bulkhead.

Alright I ended up ordering the C5R net (I think) from Discovery Parts. I looked on the Simpson website and there are apparently a couple versions. Discovery had one in stock (no Schroth) so I jumped on it.

Will be here tomorrow.

I figured it would come with a strap to go to the dash, glad to hear it does. Thanks for the info on that.

So the Safety Solutions / Simpson unit is basically the same config. as the Schroth. Where does one hook the 3 straps at the rear of the net? I have two great places (top of main hoop, and then cross hoop that runs behind middle of seat), just not sure where to go with the third strap?

So the Safety Solutions / Simpson unit is basically the same config. as the Schroth. Where does one hook the 3 straps at the rear of the net? I have two great places (top of main hoop, and then cross hoop that runs behind middle of seat), just not sure where to go with the third strap?

I wrapped all 3 straps around the main hoop. Upper most one above my head, middle one on the vertical part of the hoop above the harness bar and the lower one on the vertical part of the hoop below the harness bar.