Another VIR update you will like.....

McGyver

The new operators of VIR are in the process of doing something we all will like for a long time. The new operators/owner are in the process of paving the North Paddock :mrgreen What a surprise after all these years so be prepared to hear what the new 'jacking your car' on pavement instructions will be. You know the paddock police will be out in force checking during events.

HOOOO-RAHHH!!

McGyver

This past September in the heat, we were debating the pros and cons of the sand paddock. We agreed that the cooler temps were worth hassles of the sand...I know most prefer tarmac, but the blacktop sure increases the temps.

it has been rumored that ALMS/Rolex have required this ....

'course rumors also abound that the oak tree came down because AMA said they wouldn't be back as long as the leaves from the tree were a problem .....

as always, keep in mind these are just rumors

I was hoping to read:

"2014 NASA Nationals to be held at VIR"

Then again, there are the rumors already.

Edited by Guest
Firebird Man
NASA Nationals annoucement is supposed to be around SEMA timeframe, so about a week to go....

I thought it was going to be at the PRI show?

As I heard recently at a Walter Mitty Racing & Sports Car Society meeting at Gibbs Racing a few weeks ago, Harvey is not vintage racing much any more and is working to reduce some of his properties and other interests. Probably for estate reasons as taxes in the North are horrendous There is another couple along wih Connie who now have control of the future of VIR.

Heard this from a VIR club member who I had lunch with. I'll know more when I'm at an event there on 11/9-10 and will post what I find out. The event has 135+ entrants and we have to use the South paddock which should be loads of fun