PTD 2014 nationals

circuitmstr

circuitmstr

Is anyone planning on running PTD this coming year?

I built my car specifically for PTD with a goal to try and win the national championship and have a shot at the Mazda shootout. Obviously I havent noticed many, if any PTD cars in the east at all. I have been running TT while developing the car and to try and set some records in the meantime. So now that this east/west deal is happening I am wondering if I will have enough cars to compete against considering most of the other PTD guys are west coasters. In fact, PT seams to be pretty obsolete across the board in the east.

Im wondering if I should be considering a class change??

I havent heard a verdict about a TT championship being eligible for the Mazda Race of Champions dealio...

I need to get this figured out ASAP so I can begin upgrades and redevelopment.

I think someone answered the TT'ers racing the Mazda shootout IF you have a comp license. Take a comp school and do a few races during the season and you should be good to go.

As for PT next year, with nationals being this side of the Mississippi most PTB,C,D,E and F should be there, if there are 5 in a class, I think that is the minimum required. See if you can find results from 2011-2012 and see who went in these classes......

Look beyond just SE, MA, and FL regions - as places like Midwest, Great Lakes, Central, NOLA, Mid South, Texas, Northeast etc are much more likely to head east (and/or south) to Road Atlanta than way way WAY west to Sonoma. I know for me in Houston it's right at 900mi one way door to door for Road Atlanta versus closer to 1900 mi one way for Sonoma. And we're on the "wrong" side of the Mississippi too . It's very easy to underestimate how really effin huge the western states are and how spread out things get before you slam into the CA coast.

Mid-Ohio is more likely to be your bellweather for expected Road Atlanta class turnouts than even a more recent Miller National event. Plus watch for changes / large pockets of activity in all the regions I listed above. Hope that helps!

Oh and 5 is the incorrect number, it's always been 4. May be relaxed enforcement of that like they did at Miller this year though. Most Nationals contingencies do start at 5 (or higher) typically, probably where that confusion comes from. PTD seems to have always had a couple over 4 at Mid-O years IIRC.

• Members

Mid South has one PTD entrant, Chris Viscovich, at nearly all of our events and l expect him to attend the Eastern States Championships next year.

I believe the NOLA Region also has at least one.

I'm up in the MW/GL regions and our PT groups are a bit hit-or-miss. PTE had a lot of entries this year, particularly GL's and I know more area building for that class. Some are Miata's coming out of SM and looking for less contact and lowered cost since SM is so insanely competitive anymore. My guess is a few upgrade up to PTD as well.

• 5 months later...