PTD 2014 nationals

circuitmstr

Is anyone planning on running PTD this coming year?

I built my car specifically for PTD with a goal to try and win the national championship and have a shot at the Mazda shootout. Obviously I havent noticed many, if any PTD cars in the east at all. I have been running TT while developing the car and to try and set some records in the meantime. So now that this east/west deal is happening I am wondering if I will have enough cars to compete against considering most of the other PTD guys are west coasters. In fact, PT seams to be pretty obsolete across the board in the east.

Im wondering if I should be considering a class change??

I havent heard a verdict about a TT championship being eligible for the Mazda Race of Champions dealio...

I need to get this figured out ASAP so I can begin upgrades and redevelopment.

I run a D car out of the New Orleans area, but I've been out most of the year on a big rebuild project. It's a big maybe if I will make the December RA event, but the plan forming for next year is to make the New Orleans events, Barber in February, and an early RA event.

In the SE there are at least a few RX-8's sitting around that will probably come out of the woodwork this year, and there are a number of people that run TTD pretty regularly.

I havent heard a verdict about a TT championship being eligible for the Mazda Race of Champions dealio...

5th post on page 2:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=109834&start=10

PTD isn't a PT class I'd worry a whole ton about making 4+. And that's even if they're going to enforce that this year, didn't seem to be enforced at Miller in '13 and that was a single National year.

Thanks Ken, what other PTD cars do you know about?

Scott, I was specifically hoping you could make it to the the race in late august...lol

Scott's ITR + a handful of Allison Legacy type cars that run in TX are the ones I've laid eyes on this year and that's just in my own little backyard. Then I'd be like you digging through every region's season points files that is east of say, a line between El Paso and straight north to Canada (TX, Central, MidWest, Great Lakes, Mid South, FL, SE, MA, NE covers that I think...? ) and seeing what turned up.

I can assure you there will be plenty of PTE cars at the 2014 east coast nationals.

I expect all the regular mid-atl PTE crowd to show up for that.

as for PTD, no guess, we never have many PTD cars in Mid-atl, unlike PTE where we have had as high as 9 to 13 cars on a given weekend, but avg 5-6

I ran TTD this year and am considering getting a cage for the car this winter so I can run ptD. I'm also considering selling the car as well, to open my options up for next season. I'm gonna wait a bit to see the details of this mx-5 race and what it takes to qualify. I think there are many people who will change class/car etc to find the path of least resistance to qualify. I was ready to buy a spec miata, but now that looks like a bad idea. 100 miata divers going for one spot or 10-20 in ptd going for one spot. Which would you choose?

You have fast initials then =P. The middle one would'nt be an M would it?

Hopefully we can meet on grid in August at RL, with about 10 other D'ers.

All these people coming out for D… Kinda glad this project should end up with an optional C package that might be competitive and really easy to switch between, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the Mid Atl PTE cars will end up in PTD if they get pointed and dyno'd at Nationals. That's a full field right there!!!

JFWY....

Edited by Guest

Most of the Mid Atl PTE cars will end up in PTE if they get pointed and dyno'd at Nationals.

I would hope that E cars would actually be E cars.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

still only 3 in PTD. That would be extremely disappointing. anyone fron HC or SE30 going to supersize??? tell your friends to come play with me (on the race track )

They are e cars, not sure what he is talking about quote="ILIKETODRIVE"]

Most of the Mid Atl PTE cars will end up in PTE if they get pointed and dyno'd at Nationals.

• 1 month later...

no TTE at all (and that's a big class in alot of regions!) - few other classes are light as well (SSM, SpBox... ). It's the first year of this experiment though may need to give it time to catch on

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I have a PTD car for sale. Its an Allison Legacy. VERY FAST. Set a PTD track record at Texas World Speedway clockwise. (1:55.. That qualifying lap was good enough for a 6th place blitz qualifying position. Has 2 Texas region PTD championships. Many wins against thunder roadsters, E30s, 944s, spec 986s, legends. Easily as fast (if not faster in most cases) than front running spec miatas.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=107773

With all due respect, a fully optimised D car should be about 5-6 seconds faster than spec miata lap records depending on the track. Maybe you are mistaken about the Lap times of spec miatas being that you stated Yours was faster than Thunder Roadsters. I believe an optimised D car should be more in line with that of Thunder roadster lap records