2014 Rules

Marcel D.

I am going to join in this time too. After wrecking my H4 car I am starting the process of building a h-1 car, and since I building it from scratch I want to try to build it right and it is kind of hard to do that without any rules. Waiting until the end of January is unacceptable.

I am going to join in this time too. After wrecking my H4 car I am starting the process of building a h-1 car, and since I building it from scratch I want to try to build it right and it is kind of hard to do that without any rules. Waiting until the end of January is unacceptable.

im in the same boat i'm in process of building my h1 integra i'm dropping it off at the cage builders next wednesday

I'm switching from PTE to H2 so...yeah...count me in.

However, at this time, I'm only doing minimal additions and slowly converting due to budget.

Definitely... Hoping for some S2000 changes?

maybe K swap? H1.

Or ridiculous spring rule in H2.

TIRES???? at least give me TIRES! .......................... 2014 season starts early FEB. at Barber.

About 90 days away!

H2 spring rule? what are you talking about?

H2 Factory Prep: c) S2000 permitted the use of S2000 CR springs in addition to front and rear anti-roll bars.

You can do single-adj aftermarket shocks but stuck with CR springs and sways.

H2 Factory Prep: c) S2000 permitted the use of S2000 CR springs in addition to front and rear anti-roll bars.

From what I have seen in the Northeast, the limiting factor for the S has been weight more than spring rate. Some overweight H1 and my H2 S2000s run similar to the competitive H2 cars, depending on the track (lap times this October at NJMP were virtually identical). The McParlands run faster in their H1 car with shortened AP1 springs. I would personally rather have more adjustable camber in the front suspension. I also think steel brake lines should be an option and I would like to be able to replace the stock clutch. Just some thoughts.

Is there a formal process to having a rule changed, deleted or amended?

Yes there is, Paddy. Call or email Spencer and you can talk about a rules request. I believe there is a form online. Is there something you are thinking about?

From what I have seen in the Northeast, the limiting factor for the S has been weight more than spring rate. Some overweight H1 and my H2 S2000s run similar to the competitive H2 cars, depending on the track (lap times this October at NJMP were virtually identical). The McParlands run faster in their H1 car with shortened AP1 springs. I would personally rather have more adjustable camber in the front suspension. I also think steel brake lines should be an option and I would like to be able to replace the stock clutch. Just some thoughts.

Stock springs has been somewhat manageable on the soft ra1s. If the tires get stickier/stiffer... this rule will really start to suck for a h2 s2000.

Mike I'm thinking of a few things, but want to get my head around it first before I do anything about it. I think there are some tweaks that can make the series better.

Pete and I helped write a new rulebook for our TT club in the northeast last season, and I'm a little worn out on the whole concept of rules. Although I'd like to see the s2000 guys with a chance to win at Road Atlanta... not sure that's going to happen though.

I think a major part is promoting growth of the series. Rules play a big part in that.

-Paddy

I think the car would be competitive in H1 if we can get it down to weight. I don't know if other performance upgrades would be in order unless the minimum is increased. I would like to try to make the car light first.

Yes, the S2k is ridiculous to try and get to the H1 weight, much less having the ability to get under weight and putting some ballast in. I havent seen anyone struggle with the weight like the S2000.

My Hope is for the new tire to perform close to a hoosier so I can keep more momentum.

As for the S2k in H2, I initially wanted to run H2 (it would be a cheaper prep) but the run a factory spring rule was literally the deal breaker. I mean a factory dampener with an aftermarket spring makes sense... I dont know whos idea that was. You could take every other mod off the car, just give me some springs, tires and brakes.

Road Atlanta is my home track, and a TT lap and a Wheel to wheel race is not very accurately comparable. I had the record in TTC with the car in H2 prep form (except springs). Now in H1 form Im 2 seconds off that time at best (But with RA1)

Oh well, I just run PT when I can (I get my

Im actually waiting to hear rule and tire info to make the big decision on changing cars and going K24. Seriously. I have driven a couple K swapped H1 cars, and I have said "If Im driving a K swap, I will smoke myself in the S2k".

But, the sooner we get the rules and tire info the better!

If you're keeping either the spring or the damper stock, the spring makes alot more sense. Do you like bouncing? Maybe they can be talked into allowing a bit more spring rate than the CR stuff though. S2k would be a fun HC car...

Yeah, the thing that kept me from running H2 with my s2k was the silly rules about stock springs. That and the ridiculously high weight for the AP2, and having to run tiny tires on narrow wheels. Oh, and who wants to spend $$$ on club racer aero parts?

H1 S2k - the lighter base weight that came out in the 2013 rules helps, but as mentioned, you need a very extreme build to have any hope of getting anywhere near those weights. "Extreme build required" doesn't attract many newcomers to the class...

How about we just get some rules? Any rules so that I can have some clue what car to build. My season starts in February and it takes time to build a car. I need to start NOW. Especially with the new championship format that I may actually have a chance to attend.

lol @ SE starting "early" on Feb 15. Jan 18 for TX....

fwiw Mikey, you only needed 5 races in to qualify in the past and I don't see why it would change with dual nats. Could use a couple TT "days" to supplement too. Wouldn't be too hard to qualify in a single event weekend.

lol @ SE starting "early" on Feb 15. Jan 18 for TX....

fwiw Mikey, you only needed 5 races in to qualify in the past and I don't see why it would change with dual nats. Could use a couple TT "days" to supplement too. Wouldn't be too hard to qualify in a single event weekend.

But I am building a car now, so really regardless of when the region starts it sure would be nice to have an idea of what the rules are going to be.

IMO: The rules probably won't change significantly EXCEPT for the possible switch to the RR.

I would imagine you could build your car to be well within the rules for H4/H2/H1 and hold off on possible mods/parts that you think have high odds of being added/changed/removed.

I’m not running Honda Challenge, but instead and just running Time Trials, but I was wondering about the rear lower control arms (part 4 in http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/parts-catalog/honda/civic-hatchback/2000/cx/5-speed-manual/chassis/rear-lower-arm). If I understand the HC rules http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Honda-Challenge.pdf correctly, section 8.6 allow for spherical bushings to be used, but as far as I can tell, aftermarket rear lower control arms aren’t allowed, so if you want spherical bushings in that part, you need to get them installed in the standard control arm. I’ve heard that the aftermarket rear lower control arms make it easier and cheaper to do this than modifying the stock control arms to add the spherical bushings. I’m not sure if there is any performance benefit for using the aftermarket rear control arms with spherical bushings vs adding the bushings to the standard arms, but could the aftermarket arms possibly be allowed? Thanks!! - Jim

The link to the rules change request form in the rulebook is bad. Does someone have a copy of this form and an email for Spencer or the guy in charge of rules for HC?

I've drafted a few requests and would like to submit them for the 2014 season.

email:

paddy dot mcparland at gmail

-Paddy

The link to the rules change request form in the rulebook is bad. Does someone have a copy of this form and an email for Spencer or the guy in charge of rules for HC?

I've drafted a few requests and would like to submit them for the 2014 season.

email:

paddy dot mcparland at gmail

-Paddy

Contact sent by email.