2014 Rules

Marcel D.

Until the 2014 rules are out, it's run what you brung! Can enforce rules, if there aren't any.

Unfortunately I can't afford to "run what I brung" for a month and then have to make changes. If they can't get the rules out in a timely manner than I say anything built to the 2013 rules should be grandfathered.

• National Staff

I'm working on having the rules out by the end of this week all.

They are just around the corner.

As for S2k changes, this stuff has been beaten to death.

The S2k is the cheapest H2 car you can currently build for the class and is also one of the most competitive!

HPD offers a complete H&R shock kit for the car designed to be used with the CR spring that perfectly compliments the car and makes it one potent machine. When a few of them Nationals a few years ago at Mid Ohio, they were top competitors at the event, but experienced some trouble in the final race.

For the H1 S2k, there is some significant conflicting information here as to how easy it is to get the car to minimum weight.

But either way, look at it like this.

Would you rather spend a fair amount of time getting your car to minimum weight or thousands of dollars adding HP to your car while also making it more unreliable.

Those were the questions faced regarding the last rue change for the S2k and I don't think we've quite seen enough evidence to support it either way just yet.

A lot of information was submitted for last years revision and without significant information to review, a change can not be justified.

Keep your eyes out for the HPD HC rules this week ya'll!

As for the S2000... Maybe I should contact you in a PM or a formal request?

You stated getting the weight down (that is almost impossible unless your a 135# driver) VS modifications that could make the car less reliable.

I am requesting a few simple things, such as: Some simple port matching, some upgraded dual valve springs so i can rev higher and still be reliable, maybe upgrade some rod bolts or head studs, allow the throttle body to be bored to the size of the newer drive by wire models etc... Nothing that would decrease any reliability.

Maybe address the S2k being able to use a K24 swap. If a 2400# civic or integra can run one, why cant an S2000 use one and take a weight penalty for the rear wheel drive advantage?

If it rains, the rear wheel drive is a huge disadvantage... how about in case of rain, only RWD cars can use the Ra1 in full tread form, all FWD cars have to use the RR. (funny, but serious about the rest of this post).

I'd prefer to get my S2000 to minimum weight. Its not easy though. Anyone with an S2000 want to share their secrets? I know none of the Mid-Atlantic or Northeast S2000s are at minimum weight.

Maybe address the S2k being able to use a K24 swap. If a 2400# civic or integra can run one, why cant an S2000 use one and take a weight penalty for the rear wheel drive advantage?

Seems legit.

I'd prefer to get my S2000 to minimum weight. Its not easy though. Anyone with an S2000 want to share their secrets? I know none of the Mid-Atlantic or Northeast S2000s are at minimum weight.

This is my plan, Peter. I think that it is doable but will require some creativity.

I too would prefer to reduce the weight. I know it would be easier if I personally lose 40-50 lbs. but I'm not that self motivated. January 2013 I had it down to around 2,450 lbs. with a few gallons of gas. I think I can get another 50 lbs. out of it this winter. But....I will be adding a cool suit and hopefully a fire system over the fire bottle. Not sure how much weight that will add back.

makes it one potent machine. When a few of them Nationals a few years ago at Mid Ohio, they were top competitors at the event, but experienced some trouble in the final race.

Respectfully as one of those drivers, IMHO that was only because of the Hoosiers that year. The car was handful and a half because of lack of rear grip then, fast forward to now on a less sticky tire.... IMHO it won't be as competitive. My opinion is it needs a bump in rear tire size.

• Members

not trying to start a rules discussion again, the only thing i want is the rules for 2014, but every time something has the "rules" word on it there is a lot of request for rules change and a lot of people that is not happy with the particular car rules .

There is a process to follow for a rule change, posting a complaint about your particular set up is unfortunately not going to change the rule.

Also just because your particular car does not work , doesn't mean that the rules have to change based only on one or two individuals.

Driving skills , set up knowledge and many other variables have to be taken in consideration before a rule change can be done, again based on one individual .

I have seen how a car can gain 3 seconds per lap just with a driver change and nothing else.

So a lot of testing and data have to be submitted so the rule can even be considered for a change.

Don't forget that this are national rules , not individual rules and a lot of guys will be affected by one rule change.

• Members

I had faith, even as I was carving the turkey I was sure I was going to log in and see the rules posted, then, nothing. I have been login in everyday, sometimes twice a day, and nothing.

All I need is a little guidance, light at the end of the tunnel, a mirage in the desert, something to keep my faith going.

Please, fearless leaders, answer my prayers.

I'm working on having the rules out by the end of this week all.

They are just around the corner.

Keep your eyes out for the HPD HC rules this week ya'll!

Any updates ????