WTG Greg!!!

FocusTed

Congratulations to our own TT Director Greg Greenbaum for finishing in the Top-10 of the USTCC race at the San Jose Grand Prix. WTG Greg!!!! That SRT-4 took the punishment of that track. From watching the ChampCar race there it look like a very rough track.

• Members
Congratulations to our own TT Director Greg Greenbaum for finishing in the Top-10 of the USTCC race at the San Jose Grand Prix. WTG Greg!!!! That SRT-4 took the punishment of that track. From watching the ChampCar race there it look like a very rough track.

It was indeed rough. Plus the fact the track was changed (for the better) to slow the champ cars down (chicane added) but made the track faster for everyone else.

We had one problem in our 2nd qualifying session with the turbo vacume lines blown off. That hurt us with a 20th starting spot. We had been 10th after the first qualifying session. Almost everyone had brake problems, including us.

Greg drove masterfully moving up thru the pack! Even after getting passed under a double yellow which held him up for a couple laps only to be clearly blocked on the big diamondvision screen.

Top 10 plus the HARD CHARGER AWARD!! (+12 spots) Fastest SRT4 in the event. Yep, was a good weekend indeed!

Greg did a great job making his way through traffic. If the brakes held and he had a little more time, he could have been top 5. I think he was only a second off the leaders best time towards the end of the race.

It was good meeting you socal guys on the crew. Jeff and I had a great time, even though Shawn is the "Radio Nazi".

Glad you all made it home ok after a l-o-n-g weekend. Looking forward to having you up here again at Infineon this weekend. See you soon.

John

• National Staff

A big thanks goes out to all of my pit crew this past weekend, starting with my Crew Chief Shawn "Monster8V" Meze, with my fellow TTer's John Anderson and Keith Parker, and Jeff "the Wild Man", and Tom our photographer. They did a great job supporting me, and there was just too much work for one person to try to do. Despite out little mechanical setbacks in qualifying that landed us 10 spots further back on the grid than expected, we ended up with an unofficial 8th place finish and the "Hard Charger" award for moving up 12 positions. The car came through without a scratch (can't be said about half of the Champ cars, a bunch of Trans Am cars, and a few USTCC cars), and with over 50,000 fans cheering and waving us on, we all had a great time. The race IS going to be aired on Speed Channel, probably in the second week of September. So, all in all, not too bad for my second USTCC race.

• Members

Glad to be a part of the team, was a great experience for me, including the radio rookies! (bla-bla-bla.. lego of tha button!)

I can tell you that Tom and I reviewed alot of his pictures on our flight home from the event and, well, he managed to capture some really good action shots of the prettiest SRT4 on the track!

I expect that he will continue to weed thru them and post them on his web site for all to see later in the week. Ill post up as I know.

Glad you and Keith FINALLY made it home. WOW, what an ordeal!

Next time, buy the Chebbie essay.

Oh yeah, its RACEDAY and I want some candy!