TV Internet provider?

Firebird Man

Firebird Man

Who do you use? Service vs cost?

Charter went full digital, now no TV will work without a box, $500 a year more for enough boxes for our house. The boxes are huge and most of the TV's are wall mounted, no place to even put a box.

Xfinity on Comcast has small digital adapters, but they're not available here.

What's everyone else doing?

We are on Comcast and use those @#$% little boxes on TVs where we don't need a full box. Does Charter not offer some low cost basic access box for TVs where all you want are the basic channels, no HD, no DVR, no guide, etc? I'll bet they have something.

Firebird Man
Does Charter not offer some low cost basic access box for TVs where all you want are the basic channels, no HD, no DVR, no guide, etc? I'll bet they have something.

Nope, no TV hooked up to Charter will get any reception at all now without their desk top box. Least not any of ours.

We have the HD box on the big screen, but with 6 other TV's scattered around the place those were all basic service wired straight to the wall.

We were recently at a friends with Comcast, they had the HD box on one TV, the small Xfinity digital adapter for all the others. Seemed to work fine, but Charter said they offer those adapters for commercial only. Hotels and such.

That does indeed suck. We have been trying to find a way to boot Comcast and reduce our monthly TV nut, but we can't find an alternative that provides what used to be called basic cable, along with racing channels...and internet

Satellite? Or does that leave you the same problem?

Uverse, or another a fiber/twisted pair service available?

Reduce the number of TVs? (sacrilege at my house, but may be worth a try)

Mike

Lucid Moments

I've got U-verse and it is a box at every TV, and it has to be either their special wireless box, or have Cat 5 cable to the box. I think Gordon is going to have the bite the bullet because most providers seem to be going digital. It is a bandwidth issue I believe.

Fred Crawford

Me and the old lady, turned off our Tvs and started reading poetry to each other by the fireplace at night, then have passionite love making on the bear rug.

Deere

Buck Wild

Firebird Man
Me and the old lady, turned off our Tvs and started reading poetry to each other by the fireplace at night, then have passionite love making on the bear rug.

Deere

Buck Wild

Deere in Rut...

Falcon said that covers you from 6:00 to 6:02, what do you do the rest of the evening?

Talked to AT&T and Direct TV, boxes are a little smaller than Charter, but the price is a lot lower for that many boxes. Just not many options out there in my area.

• Members

Deere

Buck Wild

Deere in Rut...

Falcon said that covers you from 6:00 to 6:02, what do you do the rest of the evening?

Deere is usually asleep by 6:03, then Mrs. Deere heads over to my place... I warm her up for Falcon

-Jimbob

Just a fluffer

Fred Crawford

Deere

Buck Wild

Deere in Rut...

Deere is usually asleep by 6:03, then Mrs. Deere heads over to my place... I warm her up for Falcon

-Jimbob

Just a fluffer

Just read some poetry to her, let me know if it works, best of luck.

Deere

Doe Meet