Why isn't the FRS killing TTD?

Varkwso

I know I know. We will see. Its not that I don't want to. But the budget is tight and I want all my effort$ to go towards being as competitive as can be. Sebring and Road Atlanta require a pretty different setup, so anything learned about the car at sebring is irrelevant for that matter.

When are you going out west? That should be fun. I have a bunch of laps at Sonoma and Laguna if you need some fly out help.

If Ian is busy ofcourse...

Barber won't help your Road Atlanta setup either....

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Emmanuel B.

• Varkwso

• hhdinyuma

Laguna, Sears Point, Thunderhill, ORP, and any other track I can fit in while I am out there. In other words a Bucket List trip.

Willow Springs!

On the list already along with Miller, Spring Mountain, Chuckwalla, The Ridge (long haul up the coast so that will depend on time) It all depends on what is available when I am out there. Planning all of May and part of June with a fly back home at least once.

Peter

I know I know. We will see. Its not that I don't want to. But the budget is tight and I want all my effort$ to go towards being as competitive as can be. Sebring and Road Atlanta require a pretty different setup, so anything learned about the car at sebring is irrelevant for that matter.

When are you going out west? That should be fun. I have a bunch of laps at Sonoma and Laguna if you need some fly out help.

Perhaps not, but it will allow me some fun on my favorite track while giving me data to let me know if my changes are even in the ballpark

Chuckwalla CCW is really fast, flowing, and fun. Chuckwalla CW is pretty fun in a few spots but overall not as enjoyable. Thunderhill is amazingly fast and fun. Friends of mine have been to The Ridge. They said it was a blast. Sears Point is an awesome facility and seems like it would be a blast. Same for Miller.

Perhaps not, but it will allow me some fun on my favorite track while giving me data to let me know if my changes are even in the ballpark

Barber = Blah Much rather run Sebring, RA, or VIR. Besides me thinks Barber TT with NASA is going to be one crowded puppy and much frustration.

Peter

It's better than free for all, but it's still a somewhat flawed system. That said I have absolutely no better ideas, so that's what we're going with here...

Once you start getting the head catching the tail too early in the session (and you're the head or tail), or if you're gridded up around cars that "come in" on a different schedule than you... you'll understand. More cars = longer pack, and more cars = more risk for different schedules

I understand all that (although I've never been the head or the tail, lol.) I'm just saying, you still get much more traffic-free seat time in TT than you would in HPDE or racing... so the format works regardless of how many cars are entered Although we have found that if you make the sessions shorter, but have more of 'em, those concerns can be minimized somewhat.

See also: less serious

Some of our tracks while shorter seem to have less conflicts than some of the longer ones, though the longest also seems to work out fine. It's kinda strange...

You need to measure the strut "shaft/cylinder" in figure 1 (labeled 'strut'). It looks like it is close if not greater than 40mm.

I finally got around to measuring the struts today (Ohlins Road & Track) and the fronts are about 50mm and the backs even more, making my suspension +9 with springs. Including my brakes I'm at 11 points, so I think I'll probably be going with 225 Hoosier R6 for tires.

Now for my next question: If I replace the stock header do I also need to take points for removing a cat since the stock header has a cat built in? If that's the case I will have to look elsewhere to spend my remaining 2 points. I'm leaning towards a diffuser but I'm open to suggestions.

You need to measure the strut "shaft/cylinder" in figure 1 (labeled 'strut'). It looks like it is close if not greater than 40mm.

I finally got around to measuring the struts today (Ohlins Road & Track) and the fronts are about 50mm and the backs even more, making my suspension +9 with springs. Including my brakes I'm at 11 points, so I think I'll probably be going with 225 Hoosier R6 for tires.

Now for my next question: If I replace the stock header do I also need to take points for removing a cat since the stock header has a cat built in? If that's the case I will have to look elsewhere to spend my remaining 2 points. I'm leaning towards a diffuser but I'm open to suggestions.

You have to take the cat points and exhaust if it does not bolt up without any modification.

cat mod/removal is cat mod/removal.... sounds like a pretty slam dunk +3 to swap a header with integral cat for a different header regardless

That's what I figured. Diffuser it is!