Why isn't the FRS killing TTD?

Varkwso

also … who would think that a CAI,and a header would take an Integra LS ( '01) from 105 whp to 131 … no tune involved

I'm all OEM Honda except for cat delete and tune and my B18B is at 140whp. (I have stock 98+ JDM ITR intake/4-1 manifold/exhaust)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Emmanuel B.

• Varkwso

• hhdinyuma

I went out to MSR-Houston this weekend, running CCW

Best time: 1:48.191

The TTD Record according to Texas Region is 1:49.813

Mods:

255 RS3's +3

Air Inlet +1

Header +2

Cat Remov.+1

Catback +2

Kw V3's +5

Front sway+2

16 points used, stuff in the trunk removed everything else stock including brake pads.

I think the 86 will be extremely quick in TTD.

• 3 weeks later...

So there's actually still a way for a (base) C5 to compete in TTB at 10.25:1 with 245 or 255mm street tires.

I saw one at NOLA at some point in 2012. I think he was from TX, and it looked like it was on bicycle tires.

So there's actually still a way for a (base) C5 to compete in TTB at 10.25:1 with 245 or 255mm street tires.

I saw one at NOLA at some point in 2012. I think he was from TX, and it looked like it was on bicycle tires.

No way anymore. They start in TT3.

2012 Miles from Yuma AZ to Braselton GA! I will be there in August to run with some "Right Coasters" and take another swing at a national championship. Anyone else planning on bringing their "86" to see if it can "Kill it in TTD"?

2012 Miles from Yuma AZ to Braselton GA! I will be there in August to run with some "Right Coasters" and take another swing at a national championship. Anyone else planning on bringing their "86" to see if it can "Kill it in TTD"?

I am getting close on a BRZ..

I am getting close on a BRZ..

My FR-S will be there, but very unlikely to be killing it. Unless of course Jeff turns me into his prodigy with some serious speed secrets between February and August. I'm not hopeful.

All us FWD D people better make sure we are right at the ragged edge of P/W, because that −1.0 FWD modifier is the only thing that's going to give us any chance against these cars.

I'm going to save my major complaining until I get on track with my finally fully prepped Integra, but the twins are certainly starting to look like overdogs in D.

circuitmstr, what's your adjusted P/W in the Miata?

Unless of course Jeff turns me into his prodigy with some serious speed secrets between February and August. I'm not hopeful.

That Jeff guy still drives?

I have been known to....

I probably have the lowest hp D car in the country as you can see here:

And now I have to add weight with the new 2014 rules...

HP clearly isn't the only way to take lap records. Was funny watching Houdini in front of you though!

Outside chance I could make it, more likely in 2015. Taking a year's sabbatical to catch up on some things, so my track time will be pretty limited in 2014.

So being lazy, would someone explain the effect the points change on exhaust manifolds has on the twins?

I'm still waiting for an official interpretation, but from what others have said it seems like any aftermarket header will cost 5 points, hitting C23,24, and 25 in the rules.

Hopefully this gets figure out soon. Need to know if I can go ahead and buy the infamous Nameless header that was just released today.

If it means spending money or points the only way to know for sure, and be safe, is to email Greg G. at [email protected] and get an official ruling. He's probably pretty busy now so be as specific as possible and include PIX and a complete description of what you want to do and he will determine the correct points assessment for the modification. Anything you read here is just opinion unless it is specified in the rules or a tech bulletin issued by Greg.

It's not a change, just clarification put out so everyone knows how tightly it's supposed to be / have been interpreted. When that clarification was passed out to directors last season I was kinda shocked as I had been interpreting it too loosely in the past myself. But basically once you change 0.01" of piping that used to exist past the end of the original header primaries / collector, you're triggering the mod for the rest of the exhaust too. And with y'alls built-in precat in that header/collector/short section of OE pipe/pre-cat that you're looking to change, that'll trigger the cat mod as well.

It's not a change, just clarification put out so everyone knows how tightly it's supposed to be / have been interpreted. When that clarification was passed out to directors last season I was kinda shocked as I had been interpreting it too loosely in the past myself. But basically once you change 0.01" of piping that used to exist past the end of the original header primaries / collector, you're triggering the mod for the rest of the exhaust too. And with y'alls built-in precat in that header/collector/short section of OE pipe/pre-cat that you're looking to change, that'll trigger the cat mod as well.

Yep, know all about that rule...