Just did Daytona(video)

robbodleimages

robbodleimages

For those looking forward to going to Daytona next November. I was just there for the first time.

It is an experience like no other.

Don't let anyone tell you that its easy.

You will never forget it. Never.

here's a little video before the doom

Edited by Guest
robbodleimages
What happened?

Looked like several cars fell by the wayside.

looks like we broke the shifter shaft on the transmission. could have been a lot worse. the copper Camaro broke a new clutch. other cars crashed out. Daytona is hard on your stuff. the throttle time and the g loading in particular. I don't think my issue had anything to do with the track though. It was doing something strange into 5th gear at the previous race at Road Atlanta and I think this fail was the end game on that issue.

Firebird Man

I've already done the calculations of WOT time to try and figure out how to contain the oil in my Pontiac, t'aint gonna be easy.

From T1 to the Chicane and there to the infield comes to about a minute at WOT every lap.

You going to make RA?

robbodleimages

I will be there as a photographer for certain. Outside chance that we bring the car to race. We are waiting on 2014 tire rules before we do any testing for next year. honestly, I am a good bit faster than what I have been in the past and I want to measure my improvement against mr stukas and joel.