Road Atlanta lap times - stock street car

drivinhardz06

drivinhardz06

For a project I am working on - with all the tuner shop grudge matches and such, does anybody know what is the fastest lap time done by a factory stock street car at Road Atlanta (factory stock car with tires being open) and if so, what car? something with a GTR? links to event results? video?

For a project I am working on - with all the tuner shop grudge matches and such, does anybody know what is the fastest lap time done by a factory stock street car at Road Atlanta (factory stock car with tires being open) and if so, what car? something with a GTR? links to event results? video?

ROFLMAO do you think any stock car is stock except for tires at the upper levels.

Peter

ROFLMAO do you think any stock car is stock except for tires at the upper levels.

Peter

What part of "factory stock car" did Mark stutter on? If you know of a FACTORY STOCK CAR with any tire selection that set a timed lap time of x:xx.xx, then let him know.

If you know of a car that is "stock except for that one uber bolt on", then don't tell him about it. Pretty simple.

-Kevin

That's gonna be tough to find a "stock" car. What I would do is set a time in a stock car and call yourself the fastest. People will crawl out of the woodwork to try to prove you wrong

drivinhardz06
That's gonna be tough to find a "stock" car. What I would do is set a time in a stock car and call yourself the fastest. People will crawl out of the woodwork to try to prove you wrong

not really the point, as it's research for the client. with so many tuner shops taking possession of new model cars and running them baseline, there have been instances.

some good data from the ACR-Xs from the NARRA group, but a caged car but not sure qualified as a "street" car

The idea would be somebody that has taken a stock GT3, 458, Viper, Corvette, GTR, etc and put on sticky tires only and ran it in a time attack or timed club day or TT, etc

Lucid Moments
1:41.5 in a stock Charger? That's some DAMN good driving right there to get that thing down there!

That's Joel walks with a wheelbarrow Vandiver for you.

Peter

What part of "factory stock car" did Mark stutter on? If you know of a FACTORY STOCK CAR with any tire selection that set a timed lap time of x:xx.xx, then let him know.

If you know of a car that is "stock except for that one uber bolt on", then don't tell him about it. Pretty simple.

-Kevin

Whoa Kevin - did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed??? Chill dude.

Mark - you can draw a comparison from other tracks. If VIR at 2 min equals appr 1:30 at RA - I think somebody ran a stock GTR at slightly over 2 (like a 2:03 or 04). That was unofficial and may have involved traffic. Also, somebody had a stock Lamborgini Gallardo at VIR with NARRA 2 years ago - he did a 2:02 (pretty sure). I've also heard stock 997.2 GT3RS run low 2s at VIR on stock Michelin Cups.

Top Gear says Aventador and the new McLaren. I don't think the Atom counts (or a Radical, for that matter). Every exotic car I've seen at the track is either being driven quite slowly or is broken (like, a McLaren's suspension developed a leak within a few laps on track), so it is kind of hard for me to accept that those two are on top. I'm not sure what TG has tested.

Are there any dollar constraints on this?

Kuno Whitmer did a 2:01 in a stock ACR at VIR. There is a video on youtube. 1:31 equivalent?

I know of some stock early 997 GT3 in the 1:32-1:34's on hoosiers.

In my bone-stock 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, on BFG-R1, I did consistent

at RA when not in traffic. Not exactly the fastest time but gives you a starting off point for comparison.

That site can give you an idea about lap times of OEM cars:

http://fastestlaps.com/raceways.html

unfortunately there are no Road Atlanta lap times.

PS: Now I'm finishing building super fast C6Z06. All the suspension components and aero tested at Nordschlife and came from Germany. I hope the car will be ready for next RA event

When I drive my v6 Camaro I don't put the timing box in it.

Its a pure street car with the ONLY change is carbotech xp8 pads.

I've driven a lot on Road Atl and its a real tough to get the v6 to a two minute lap. When I get therr I'm done being a rolling chicane

So I don't have any hard data - just based on my experience I'm in the 2:00 - 2:10 lap times.

With better tires and removing the 118mph speed limit its got a good 1:50 ish in it

No I'm not dragging it out in Dec to run TT!

I did a 2:02 in my wifes Volvo S80 during instructor clinic, never went WOT either. Definitely had some high 1:50's in it.

BTW the people I know of I have the data for or have seen the laptimes on the traqmate display myself. I don't play hand times or he saids.

MTI's C7 ran 1:34's this past weekend with some old R6's on it and an alignment. Otherwise it was all OEM. We'll see what she'll do this weekend with coilovers!

Mark - why don't you just use old PTA times. Basically a stock C5Z with 275 Hoosiers...

You'd have to go back several years to get "street car" comparable times, wouldn't you? Pretty sure those crazies were 5-6+ seconds faster than stock at the end of pta.