• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg G.

• Apexkingjusto

• kbrew8991

• ILIKETODRIVE

OK got it. Thanks for the clarification.

I know someone building an LS1 Miata. How does your car fit in TT3? What is you comp weight and whp? Thanks.

There's already a LS Miata in Nor Cal. I can't remember his name but he occasionally posts....

I know someone building an LS1 Miata. How does your car fit in TT3? What is you comp weight and whp? Thanks.

To fit in TT3 I have to restrict the power significantly using a throttle stop. My chassis from last year IIRC was about 2700 lbs comp weight with ~280 WHP or so, I'd have to check the numbers. At any rate it fit in TT3 (with aero). Last year I had a subframe waiver which this year I am unable to get with the new non-production class structure.

To fit in TT3 I have to restrict the power significantly using a throttle stop. My chassis from last year IIRC was about 2700 lbs comp weight with ~280 WHP or so, I'd have to check the numbers. At any rate it fit in TT3 (with aero). Last year I had a subframe waiver which this year I am unable to get with the new non-production class structure.

Appreciate the info. That's pretty heavy for a Miata even with a LS1. The -0.7 non production vehicle adjustment is pretty hefty unless you have a full tube-frame chassis car. Sounds like fun non the less. Thanks again.

Would any of you guys be willing to post your dynos? Curious to see powerbands to see if I even have a shot at competing.

Thxs

J

Would any of you guys be willing to post your dynos? Curious to see powerbands to see if I even have a shot at competing.

Thxs

J

I understand wanting to compare curves but isn't that going to be about as good of an indicator of you having a shot at competing as knowing that other cars are on 275 A's, for example? IM(very)HO, a better way to do it would be to assume that every car is running 100% max pw/wt through 100% of their usable band, build your car to the same then figure out what dev work your gonna do to the car and yourself to have the competitive advantage. Strictly from a "competing" standpoint there's a lot other than the curve on the table to use to your advantage. heck, for some drivers....pulling a wild hair and turning the DGAD knob up to 13 and ripping it off is worth 65whp.

Just build it and come out to play. You'll find out soon enough what changes you need to make. At least you'll be at the track.

careful however, build it to the complete extents of the rules...... put more time, research, wrenching, dev testing and want the win more than every other driver and you'll be finding either a new platform or class in a season or two (will stop beating dead horse now.....not really )

That's pretty heavy for a Miata even with a LS1.

there's a lot of steel in the subframe and bracketry for those conversions!

Appreciate the info. That's pretty heavy for a Miata even with a LS1. The -0.7 non production vehicle adjustment is pretty hefty unless you have a full tube-frame chassis car. Sounds like fun non the less. Thanks again.

The T56 transmission adds some weight, but is bulletproof in this context. And most of the street parts were still in place. Agreed on the non-production car penalty. I wish I had known sooner that change was coming, and that I would be forced into that class. Now the challenge is to take advantage of the modification latitude since now I can do whatever I want.

Yes, the car is great to drive. It's well mannered and handles well like a Miata, but is just a tad bit faster.

The conversion adds some weight, but compared to the additional FI components that would be needed to get that much power (reliably) out of a stock motor, it really does not add much weight, if any.

That's weight with driver and all that jazz. Also if you don't end up with a little ballast to hit your min weight you're leaving performance on the table (ime/o).

That's weight with driver and all that jazz. Also if you don't end up with the max ballast to hit your min weight you're leaving performance on the table (ime/o).

Fixed

• 2 months later...
That's weight with driver and all that jazz. Also if you don't end up with the max ballast to hit your min weight you're leaving performance on the table (ime/o).

Fixed

The creative ballast king....