trackaddict

Barber - Feb 14 2014 Pre-NASA HPDE + Test/Tune

trackaddict

Registration has been very brisk for this one day event on the Friday before the big NASA weekend. Here are the details and some follow up info since the original thread is MIA.

Limited to only 4 run groups (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Racer)

Racer run group – must have racing license and race prepared car

SA rated helmet required

Convertibles must have roll over protection

Completed tech inspection form is required (in welcome packet)

Event runs rain or shine

All experience levels welcome

Sessions will run from 8am-5pm with 1 hour lunch break

If all goes well (ie no incidents) the schedule will allow for 6 20 minute sessions for each run group

Check in at the track will be available from 5pm-9pm on Thursday Feb 13 and at the track the morning of the event

Camping will be available in Lot G only on Thursday night

Register at JustTrackIt.net

The Racer run group is full. Racers and Time Trialers are welcome to sign up in the Advanced group. Advanced only has 11 spots left. Passing rules in advanced are the same as HPDE3. There is lots of room in Intermediate and Novice.

There are also a few instructor spots open. If you are a certified instructor and would be willing to instruct drivers in the Novice group, please send me a private message. Instructors have reserved spots in Advanced or can choose to run in Intermediate.

Anyone just driving on Saturday and Sunday will be welcome to enter the track any time on Friday to drop off. I am not sure if NASA has camping on Friday night but as far as we are concerned, you are welcome into the track/paddock during the Just track It event.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Nabil

dcazin

2 spec Z's hauling from Raleigh to what was supposed to be a Nissan shoot out. What's up?

As fun as this event is going to be - not worth the trek if no other spec Z's will be racing.

We need to pick up the pace - I'll save my tires for fresh VIR pavement.

bob-e
2 spec Z's hauling from Raleigh to what was supposed to be a Nissan shoot out. What's up?

As fun as this event is going to be - not worth the trek if no other spec Z's will be racing.

run PTB and win some BFGs

dcazin

Hmm. Good point.

Japelle

Hmm. Good point.

I just signed up 3 Spec Z's today and working on renting the 4th. Plus there is already one racer from this area signed up.

dcazin

Jay. Awesome!

trackaddict

Folks,

I just wanted to update everyone that Barber has noise restrictions. Cars must meet a 101dB sound limit. They measure it from a fixed location. If you exceed the limit, you can make modifications to correct it like a turn away or baffle. We also run at AMP where the limit is 98dB and have very few issues so hopefully everyone can make adjustments if necessary.

Thanks!

Grintch

Since when? Don't recall ever hearing about it during SCCA events there.

Any openings left?

kbrew8991

Barber has alledgedly always been 103 dB, 101 in winter. Maybe your stuff isn't loud enough to hit 103?

Ritter

I went to register for this and see that I already am. Doh.

Note that there is a Blitz group which is nice.

What is the schedule for the w/e- practice, qual and sprint X 2 ?

trackaddict

Advanced run group is full (It has been full for several days already). I have a lot of advanced drivers in Intermediate. In terms of passing rules, think of Intermediate as HPDE2 and Advanced as HPDE3. The Racer group is like HPDE4 where a pointby is preferred but not required.

Grintch
Barber has alledgedly always been 103 dB, 101 in winter. Maybe your stuff isn't loud enough to hit 103?

Why the winter difference? 103 is the SCCA default limit, so likely why no specific mention of a sound limit was made. All the SCCA races have been in Sept. I think.

kbrew8991

Good question for track mgt - it's something they're bound by for whatever reason and that sorta stuff rolls downhill so to speak as I understand it.

Could be something as simple as wanting to be good neighbors and shave a few dB in their end-of-season events when the foliage may be thinner and not absorb as much sound. Could be something forced upon them by local government and makes no sense but gotta do it anyway. Not sure, I don't run the place, heh!

Jim P.

It has always been their policy, if the event is when the foliage is thin then the limit is 101db, otherwise 103db.

rmj951

Jim we had a DB meter at MSRH this weekend & both Jerry & my Vette are under 100db's going down the front straight at MSRH. DB meter was 30 yards away i believe we will be ok. Does that sound correct as for as the distance of the meter?

Jim P.

That sounds about right, no guarantees but you should be fine.