phat ralph

"Fatboy" Challenge – 2014

phat ralph

Well, I did some digging and found there was at one time a "Fatboy" challenge in NASA-SE. Is anyone interested in starting a weight reduction “Fatboy” challenge this year??????

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32193&hilit=weight+challenge+scale

As many of you know I am not slim! Yes, I could buy a larger race seat, or more horsepower goodies, but what is the real issue here…. For me to whoop up on Randy and Darrel this year in the Thunder Roadster class I need to drop some serious tonnage. This should be motivation enough, but need a little more. I need a little side wager to help me and maybe my fellow racers reduce size.

Anyone interested in a friendly competition to try to get healthier in 2014? Maybe throw in a few bucks to make it interesting! Maybe we can do this on percentage of weight loss. Maybe we could do monthly weigh-ins at the track. Etc.

Thoughts?

Rules:

1. Weight-in = Start at any time. Just video yourself weighting in. PM me the video or post in this thread, showing scale at 0, then you and your total weight. No cheating! Good opportunity to use your GoPro. Or, weight in at the track.

2. Payment can be made at BMP in February or send PayPal. I will get with Julie to see if she will hold the money.

3. Monthly weight-in at the track for motivation.

4. Winner determined by largest percentage of weight lost.

5. Winner determined on December 6, Santa's Toy Run at RA. 100% payback plus prizes.

Fatboy Challenge List:

1. phat ralph - 299

2. Fast4Tater - 227

3. waraya

4. Darrel - 217

5. wildhorsesracing - 256

6. Knownukes - 323

7. Just Me Racing

8. Lemming

9. jerryj - 282 pd.

10. BLU CIVIC

11. little pissant - 226

12. CGCRacingVette94 - 260

13. zack_280 - 251

If the list is incorrect please let me know?

Edited by Guest

Fast4Tater

I am willing. I could stand to lose about 30lbs.

Determine winner by percentage lost.

First weigh-in at Barber?

waraya

I'm game!!! I just bought a race seat from Ron and wondering how I'm going to get out of it once I sit in it!!! 5 10" 240lbs.......

Walter Araya

Focus #19

phat ralph

A couple of things to consider!

Should we do a short or long term challenge. Short term is easy in my opinion! But there is a quick reward. The long term is what kills me though.... Maybe that is the bigger reward! Maybe we could do a weight-in later in the year at the Santa Toy Run????

If we get enough interest maybe the winner gets cash or an event weekend. If everyone throws in a few bucks we can make this happen. Say 10 people, $25 bucks a head, we could get a free weekend at CMP or Roebling in 2015.

Just some thoughts, I am really game for anything though!

waraya

Long term is always harder. I'm game for anything! My goal right now is 10 pounds by Barber..... starting Thursday

drivinhardz06

I had a contest to drop 30 with a friend that needed to quit smoking this year. Fattest I got was about 211 a couple of years go, hovered in the 204-208 range most of the time. When I drove in Sept I was around 175 and couldn't believe how much better I could drive. I don't mean in terms of speed, just physically in the car, the room I needed to move and just fitting inside better and being smaller. I'm trying to get down to 160-165 by Nationals, which is what I was when we got married in 2002. I got about 6-7 lbs of t-giving and Christmas turkey that needs to get gone.

Darrel

Count me in I need to drop somewhere north of 30 lbs. So Ralph I lose, you lose and I still whip up on you.

Maybe a weigh-in at Barber and then at each event until the Toy Run. Biggest percentage loser takes all. maybe $25 each and we let Julie hold the funds?

Jim P.

We'll throw in $50 worth of NASA-SE schwag for the person that loses the most.

FWIW - it is my goal to lose at least 50 lbs this year...

Firebird Man

FWIW - it is my goal to lose at least 50 lbs this year...

Again? You've lost about 1000 lbs so far, problem is you keep finding them.

But, FWIW, for the first time I need to lose some.

Fred Crawford

Come on guys, this is old news. Ya'll did this a couple of years back.. and If I remember as a group you GAINED 190 lbs.

It is just known around the NASA circle that to race a TR or Mustang you gotta have a figure of a snowman. I would be afraid of what ya'll might find if you could see yer shoes...... DONT TRY IT.

Last time you boys were in Falcon and my hot tubs your speedos looked like thongs....

Deere

Mac&Cheese

Darrel
Come on guys, this is old news. Ya'll did this a couple of years back.. and If I remember as a group you GAINED 190 lbs.

It is just known around the NASA circle that to race a TR or Mustang you gotta have a figure of a snowman. I would be afraid of what ya'll might find if you could see yer shoes...... DONT TRY IT.

Last time you boys were in Falcon and my hot tubs your speedos looked like thongs....

Deere

Mac&Cheese

But we actually show up at the race track. That's more than i can say for the Deere. BTWthe last time you did show up at the track it looks as though the Deere needs a Mustang or a TR since your body is getting a bulge in the middle and Falcon says you ain't pregnant

Looking good in my speedo

Fred Crawford

I have been coming out more, 3 times in the last part of the season. hey but don't worry last time I came out in the Deere..... we dominated and yes I am getting a little soft in the tummy.. all the wine and cheese us Porsche guys eat......

maybe I will paint some rings on MY car and race with you boys this season

Deere

God

Knownukes
Well, I did some digging and found there was at one time a "Fatboy" challenge in NASA-SE. Is anyone interested in starting a weight reduction “Fatboy” challenge this year??????

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32193&hilit=weight+challenge+scale

As many of you know I am not slim! Yes, I could buy a larger race seat, or more horsepower goodies, but what is the real issue here…. For me to whoop up on Randy and Darrel this year in the Thunder Roadster class I need to drop some serious tonnage. This should be motivation enough, but need a little more. I need a little side wager to help me and maybe my fellow racers reduce size.

Anyone interested in a friendly competition to try to get healthier in 2014? Maybe throw in a few bucks to make it interesting! Maybe we can do this on percentage of weight loss. Maybe we could do monthly weigh-ins at the track. Etc.

Thoughts?

Ralph, I'm in. I don't think I will be at Barber. Any other way to get an official starting weight?

Great idea overall and an even greater idea to take it to the Toy run. Maybe we can put a little more in reserve for the 2015 Toy Run to see if we can really keep it off. That is of course if we can actually lose it in the first place! LOL

Bill

phat ralph

Ralph, I'm in. I don't think I will be at Barber. Any other way to get an official starting weight?

Bill

Go by your local NASA-SE Tech Station and get your official weight there! Really I do not know but we will figure something out.

Knownukes

Bill

Go by your local NASA-SE Tech Station and get your official weight there! Really I do not know but we will figure something out.

That works. If feels bad to get on a car scale. That just highlights the obvious...that I'm just to damn big!

Bill

phat ralph

Added "Fatboy" Challenge list to the original thread.

I will work on the CCR and Class Rules along with how to Weight-in this week!

Just Me Racing

Count me in. I can eat Tater at that too.

Lemming

I'm in, started on Atkins today. Took pics on my car scales, a whopping 192

heavychevy

I wish I could lose 50 lbs, would save me a lot of money I would have to put into the car to make IT lighter. Alas, the Mrs would not be happy if I lost muscle to do so.

Some tips though (I'm a trainer)

- Workout (duh)

- Don't skip breakfast - you will be hungrier later.

- Stop eating (and drinking) at 8pm. Give your system time to reset.

- Eat Carbs early in the day. So they don't go to fat storage.

- Switch to Paleo type (meat and green leafy veggies) at night.

- Weigh In daily so you can see what works and what doesnt

- Avoid Chain restaurants (Chilli's, Cheddars, applebees, etc.) They will kill weight loss.

- Eat bigger meals in the morning, but follow with consistent eating all day to curb night hunger. Dinner is the derailer!!!

- Find a drink you like with ZERO CALORIES, Caffeine isn't bad either. Makes a huge difference.

I would bet if most of you did that at the minimum, you would lose 15-20 pretty easily.

Lemming

I would bet if most of you did that at the minimum, you would lose 15-20 pretty easily.

You missed an important one:

-Don't drink a six-pack or more every night.

Tim - Professor of Nutrition Sciences

phat ralph

Guys,

I updated the original post with some rules. Let me know what you think.

jerryj

I know I'm new and in a different region but I would like to get in on this.

brkntrxn

I lost 35lbs in 2012 by counting calories and kept it off in 2013 by running and watching what I eat. MyFitnessPal.com is a good resource to use for tracking calories and weight loss. Weigh yourself every morning as a reminder of your progress and the determination you need during the coming day. I put myself on a 1700 calorie a day diet which equated to a pound a week of loss, with no exercise.

My wife lost 70lbs in 2012-2013 and kept it off through the second half of 2013 by running and going to boot camp. She used a diet program and actually became a distributed of it because so many people were asking her what she did. PM me if anyone wants the details and I can put you in touch with her. What took me six months to lose, she did in just over a month.

The main thing is to get support from someone and what you guys are doing here is a good thing. Stick with it and I hope you each enjoy being the slimmer you. I sure have!

Firebird Man

Everyone knows walking is good for you, but looking around the pits it doesn't appear many are walking.

Sex burns the same calories as a walk, so, um, looks like not much of that is going on either.

Fred Crawford
Everyone knows walking is good for you, but looking around the pits it doesn't appear many are walking.

Sex burns the same calories as a walk, so, um, looks like not much of that is going on either.

Don't call me skinny...

call me sexy.

Deere

Meat