2014 NASA Spec Z Rules

Jeremy C.

Doesn't everyone know that BFG does make a true R comp rain tire - 275/35R18 KDW-R ????

That's what I thought we'd be using this year.

Oh well. As long as we're all on the same tire ... But R compound would have been nice if it works.

Quick question...

16.2 states that the KDW has been illegal since August?

16.2 Tires

a) The 275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force™ R1™ tire is the specified tire for the series. Optionally, the

275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™ KDW or BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™ Sport COMP-2™ may be

used for wet weather competition until Aug 25, 2013 at which point the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™

Sport COMP-2™ will be the only permitted wet weather competition tire.

Is that a typo and should the KDW be legal until August 2014? Because it wasn't in the previous v2.2 rules....

Thanks

Quick question...

16.2 Tires

a) The 275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force™ R1™ tire is the specified tire for the series. Optionally, the

275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™ KDW or BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™ Sport COMP-2™ may be

used for wet weather competition until Aug 25, 2013 at which point the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™

Is that a typo and should the KDW be legal until August 2014? Because it wasn't in the previous v2.2 rules....

Thanks

I'm not sure what part you are referring to as not being in the previous rules. However, I believe that to be a typo.

Quick question...

16.2 Tires

Thanks

I'm not sure what part you are referring to as not being in the previous rules. However, I believe that to be a typo.

The section stating the change from KDW to Sport COMP-2 and the KDW being illegal after August 2013 wasn't in v2.2

v2.2 was

16.2 Tires

275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™ KDW may be used for wet weather competition.

So no one had any official indication prior to last night that KDWs were being phased out and being made illegal during the 2013 season. Which is why I figured the 2013 date was probably a typo since the only rain tire we had (legally) in 2013 WAS the KDW (and not even the KDW-R).

Just want to know if my current investment in KDWs is good to August 2014 or if I have to buy new Sport COMP-2 tires NOW to legally race in the rain....